FEATURED EVENTS IN VANCOUVER
Love it or hate it, Halloween is almost here. And if you’re anything like us, you haven’t even thought about what you’re going to wear yet.
Well, have no fear – at least until the night of ghouls and ghosts itself – we’ve compiled a list of the best places to get a Halloween costume this year.
- What: Value Village is an iconic Halloween costume shop. If you’re on a budget, there’s a vast selection of second hand costumes to choose from. If that doesn’t suit your fancy, there’s a big selection of brand new costumes too.
- Where: 1820 E Hastings St, Vancouver or 6415 Victoria Dr, Vancouver
- When: From 9 am to at least 10 pm every day, except Sundays, when opening is at 10 am
- What: Party Bazaar claims to be one of BC’s biggest party supply stores. Every Halloween, they go in for the kill with a specialist Halloween Hangout costume selection, including masks, wigs, makeup, and Halloween decorations.
- Where: 1296 Station Street, Vancouver
- When: From 9:30 am to 8 pm until October 14, from 9:30 am to 9 pm until October 22, then from 8:30 am until 9 pm until October 29. Hours vary on Sundays.
- What: Spirit Halloween is a chain that seems to pop up every year at various locations around town. It’s the quintessential place to quickly get a costume for a reasonable price.
- Where: 551-557 West Broadway, Vancouver or 1076 Marine Drive, North Vancouver
- When: From 10 am to 9 pm, with shorter hours at weekends, and longer hours the closer we get to Halloween
- What: Merchant of Dream claims to have a selection of 5,000 costumes, accessories, wigs, eyelashes, makeup, and more. Though their website leaves something to be desired, it’s worth checking out the storefront.
- Where: 626 Seymour Street, Vancouver
- When: From 10 am to 10 pm every day
- What: Dressew Supply is home to Vancouver’s largest selection of fabric, sewing notions and Halloween supplies. If you’re looking for a large selection of costumes this Halloween, Dressew is a safe bet.
- Where: 337 West Hastings Street, Vancouver
- When: From 9 am to 5:15 pm, Monday to Saturday
- What: Boo La La describes itself as the only professional costume store in Vancouver and it’s certainly a stylish alternative. Locally owned, open year-round, and staffed with industry experts, you can either drop in or book an appointment.
- Where: 152 East 2nd Street, 2nd Floor – North Vancouver
- When: From 11 am to at least 7 pm, Monday to Saturday, hours vary of Fridays and Sundays, and closer to Halloween
- What: Just Imagine Costumes has been around for 27 years and has an imaginative selection of costumes for men, women and children.
- Where: 28 West 7th Avenue, Vancouver
- When: Open every day, noon to 5 pm
- What: While not strictly a costume shop, this is an iconic Vancouver vintage store staple. If you’re looking to dress in something fun and retro this Halloween, Burcu’s Angels has a wide array of vintage clothing from the 30s all the way up to the 80s.
- Where: 3128 Main Street, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday to Saturday, 11 am to 7 pm, Monday to Sunday, noon to 6 pm
- What: Little Miss Vintage describe themselves as purveyors of handpicked, high quality, hard-to-find vintage clothing for all – and every look you can imagine!
- Where: 931 Commercial Drive, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday to Saturday, from 11am to 6 pm, Sunday and Monday, from noon to 5 pm