Keep the October laughs going with our rundown of great comedy shows! Improv, Stand-Up, and Podcast – here is our list of five comedy events to check out in Vancouver from October 13 to 19.
For more things happening around town, check out our events section.
- What: Sara Bynoe and Riel Hahn present a night of comedy where anything can happen. Sara and Riel are known around Vancouver and across Canada as storytellers and actors, and bring their unique comedy duo to the CSA space. Make sure to arrive on time as they are punctual ladies.
- When: October 13
- Time: 7:30 pm
- Where: CSA space – #5 2414 Main Street, Vancouver
- Tickets: $10
- What: The 19th annual Vancouver International Improv Festival takes over Granville Island with over 40 unique performances at four venues, workshops, and more.
- When: Now to October 14
- Where: Performance Works, Waterfront Theatre Revue Stage and The Improv Centre
- Tickets: Online, $15 per show, $18 for evening pass, and $50 for festival pass
- What: The Abracadaver Cabaret is a collaboration of dancers, actors, magicians, visual artists, and poets who have come together because of their passion for horror. The show is hosted by Gidget Gravedigger, David Quast and Red Heartbreaker as the Fates and features burlesque performers Emma Eldritch, Melody Mangler and Amnesia Haze; magicians Travis Bernhardt and Aleister Crane; actors Duncan Shields and Jesse Inocalla; opera singer Rhin Kelly and Anathema Photography.
Guaranteed to fill you with morbid delight, this show is not recommended for the faint of heart.
- When: October 14
- Time: 8 pm
- Where: Wise Hall – 1882 Adanac Street, Vancouver
- Tickets: Online, $18-$25
- What: Based in Vancouver and hosted by comedians Graham Clark and Dave Shumka, “Stop Podcasting Yourself” is a weekly free-form comedy podcast that features a different guest each week and has fans from around the world. It is the only Canadian podcast featured on L.A.-based network, Maximum Fun. SPY has featured guests like Paul F. Tompkins, Brent Butt, Nikki Glaser, Debra DiGiovanni, and many more. The live shows have sold out all over Canada.
- When: Episode released on October 16
- Download and Listen: Online
- What: Join The Fictionals and special guests for an early Halloween treat, complete with spooky prizes, mini-chocolate bars, a costume contest, and a horror-themed Improv Against Humanity.
- When: October 18
- Time: 8 pm
- Where: The Rio Theatre – 1660 East Broadway, Vancouver
- Tickets: Online, $12