FEATURED ON THE LISTED GUIDE
Vancouver is filled with laughs every day of the week. Get your sides split at one of these five comedy events happening around the city from March 3 to 9.
For more things happening around town, check out our events section.
- What: Fresh off a sold-out JFL Northwest comedy show, Barely Legal celebrates it’s first anniversary with a special show at a secret location. Sophie Buddle and Gavin Matts share hosting duties, with Brent Constantine, Efthimios Nasiopoulos, Devon Alexander and Pam Choi performing.
- Where: Secret Location – email barelylegalcomedyshow@gmai
l.com for details
- When: March 3 at 9:30 pm
- Tickets: At the door, $5
- What: Off Key performs original musicals based on audience suggestions. The catch? The script, lyrics, and music are all improvised on the spot. When music starts to play, anything can happen: a touching love song, a wild dance number, or a high-wire rap battle. This month the troupe presents an improvised Disney Musical.
- Where: Havana Theatre – 195 East 26th Avenue, Vancouver
- When: March 4 at 10:30 pm
- Tickets: Online, $10
- What: Originally from River City before kicking around Atlanta, Puddles gained momentum after hitting the road as guest performer on the 2010 Aqua Teen Hunger Force Live tour and 2013 Eels tour and making special appearances at Seattle’s Teatro ZinZanni and NYC’s Sleep No More. Puddles has since performed all over the planet, garnering rave reviews at festivals like Edinburgh Fringe, Adelaide Fringe, Perth Fringe, Melbourne International Comedy Fest and Belgium’s Gent Fest.
- Where: The Rio Theatre – 1660 East Broadway, Vancouver
- When: March 6 at 7:30 pm
- Tickets: Online, $35
- What: A night of comedy, poetry and song to raise money for the Stroke Recovery Association of BC, Beauty Night Society, and Jacques Lalonde’s nephew Boden.
- Where: Unity of Vancouver – 5840 Oak Street, Vancouver
- When: March 9 at 7 pm
- More Info: Online
- What: Ryan Belleville has won a Canadian Comedy Award and the Phil Hartman Award for his stand up. He was a series regular on FOX’s sitcom Life on a Stick, CW’s The LA Complex, and was the star and co-creator of the cult show Almost Heroes.
- Where: the Comedy Mix – 1965 West Broadway, Vancouver
- When: March 9 at 8:30 pm, March 10 and 11 at 8 pm and 10:30 pm
- Tickets: Online, $15-$20