Keep the good times rolling with a night of laughter! Here is Daily Hive’s checklist of five comedy events happening around the city from April 15 to 20.
For more things happening around town, check out our events section.
Afternoon Delight: A Comedy Brunch at the Lido
- What: Cam Macleod of The Hero Show and Todd Graham of HandTaste Ferments have teamed up to bring you another delicious afternoon of food and comedy at The Lido Psych Pub. Enjoy a tasty brunch while enjoying comedy from Alicia Tobin’s Come Draw With Me, Sean Yap Sei-Been Devlin, House on Fire, Carmelahhh, Kyle Fines and Nima Gholamipour.
- Where: The Lido – 518 East Broadway, Vancouver
- When: April 15 from 1 to 3 pm
- Cost: Comedy – Free, Brunch – $10
- What: A unique theatrical tour de force – every show is different as eight professional actors delved into the twisted mind of writer John McGie as he creates wild characters that they bring to life. Promises to be hilariously dramatic and shockingly surreal.
- Where: Seven Dining Loung – 53 West Broadway, Vancouver
- When: April 15 at 8 pm
- Tickets: Online, $7
The Sunday Service presents: Emmett’s last show!
- What: The Sunday Service’s Emmett Hall is retiring from improv musicianship, and the rest of the troupe is celebrating him the only way they know how – with a big comedy show! Featuring stand-up guest Charlie Demers.
- Where: Fox Cabaret – 2321 Main Street, Vancouver
- When: April 16 at 9 pm
- Tickets: At the door, $7
No, You Can’t Return Discount Shrimp! by Bill Pats
- What: A dark comedy about the customer who is NOT always right. Performed by comedian, raconteur, and Fringe Festival cult favourite Bill Pats.
- Where: The Heritage Grill – 447 Columbia Street, New Westminster
- When: April 19 and 26 at 7:30 pm
- Admission: By donation
Funny Music Weirdo
- What: Chase Padgett, creator and star of 6 Guitars and Nashville Hurricane, swings for the fences with an hour of comedy showcasing music, characters, stories, and his own personal take on why Crossfit is cruel and unusual punishment.
- Where: Studio 1398 – 1398 Cartwright Street, Vancouver
- When: April 20 to 22 at 8 pm
- Tickets: Online, $25