FEATURED EVENTS IN VANCOUVER
A Future for Memory: Art and Life After the Great East Japan Earthquake, February 11 to September 5, 2021
This week we are thankful for the gift of laughter! Bruce Campbell, Vancouver International Improv Festival and more – here is our list of five comedy events to check out in Vancouver from October 6 to 12.
For more things happening around town, check out our events section.
- What: Phantom Signal returns with another season of macabre madness. Original old-timey-radio-horror-com
edy performed live by Jayson McDonald, Andrew Bailey and Tara Travis, accompanied by the best of the best musical guests.
- When: October 7
- Time: 8 pm
- Where: Little Mountain Gallery – 195 East 26th Avenue, Vancouver
- Tickets: At the door, $10
- What: A Thanksgiving treat of eight burlesque performances, a fabulous intermission go-go dancer, and a post-show dance party. Starring Burgundy Brixx, Sister Madly, The Purrrfessorl, DJ evilyn Thirteen and more.
- When: October 8
- Time: 9 pm
- Where: The Biltmore Cabaret – 2755 Prince Edward Street, Vancouver
- Tickets: Online, $10
- What: Join the King of B Movies Bruce Campbell as he discusses the hilarious, gut-wrenchingly honest confessions in his new memoir, Hail To The Chin. Book signing to follow.
- When: October 9
- Time: 7 pm
- Where: Chapters Metrotown
- Admission: Group Slips will be given out with the purchase of Hail To The Chin: Further Confessions Of A B Movie Actor; proof of purchase from any Indigo, Chapters, IndigoSpirit or Coles location will be accepted. Group Slips will be distributed on the day of the event; one group slip per person is needed to join the signing line.
- What: The 19th annual Vancouver International Improv Festival takes over Granville Island with over 40 unique performances at four venues, workshops, and more.
- When: October 11 to 14
- Where: Performance Works, Waterfront Theatre Revue Stage and The Improv Centre
- Tickets: Online, $15 per show, $18 for evening pass, and $50 for festival pass
- What: Vancouver’s longest running monthly sketch comedy show, The HERO SHOW, celebrates its 10 year anniversary with two different shows full of character monologues, musical performances, storytelling, weird readings and more.
- When: October 12
- Time: 7 and 9:30 pm
- Where: China Cloud – 524 Main Street
- Tickets: Online, $10