Laughter makes the world go round, and Daily Hive is your connection to comedy escape! Here is our checklist of five comedy events happening around the city from May 5 to 11.
For more things happening around town, check out our events section.
- What: Off Key performs original musicals based on audience suggestions. The catch? The script, lyrics, and music are all improvised on the spot. This month the troupe pays tribute to American composer and lyricist Stephen Sondheim.
- Where: Havana Theatre – 1212 Commercial Drive, Vancouver
- When: May 6 at 10:30 pm
- Tickets: Online, $10
- What: Miranda Sings presents a hilarious night filled with comedy, hit songs, magic tricks, dramatic readings of hate mail, and never before seen videos. The quirky superstar has over a billion views on YouTube and has performed her one-woman show to sold-out crowds all over the world.
- Where: The Centre – 777 Homer Street, Vancouver
- When: May 6 at 7:30 pm
- Tickets: Online, $45.50-$89.50
- What: For 20 years Dylan Rhymer has delighted and challenged audiences all over the world with his intelligent, provocative and fast-paced brand of stand-up comedy. Hosted by San Aung and featuring Ed Hill, Eric Johnston, Karl Sullivan, Darcy Collins, Jenny Toews and Katie Burrell.
- Where: Belmont Bar – 1006 Granville Street, Vancouver
- When: May 7 at 8 pm
- Tickets: At the door, $7
- What: Dark, satirical, and painfully-true-to-office-l
ife, Ryan draws from 15-years experience at a Fortune 500 company. Topics will include writing unreadable emails, being an effective participant in ineffective meetings, and the true meaning of the word ‘business’.
- Where: The Heritage Grill – 447 Columbia St, New Westminster
- When: May 10 at 7:30 pm
- Tickets: Admission by donation
- What: The comedy show that puts the “joy” in “Feminist Killjoy”. The Lady Show is a night of sketch, stand-up, monologues, storytelling and general comedy nonsense. May’s special guests are Catherine Falkner and Marylee Stephenson.
- Where: Red Gate Revue Stage – 1601 Johnston Street, Vancouver
- When: May 11 at 8 pm
- Tickets: Online, $15