FEATURED EVENTS IN YOUR CITY
As the weather gets warmer, the comedy gets hotter around Vancouver. Get your funny fix with one of these five comedy events happening around the city from March 10 to 16.
For more things happening around town, check out our events section.
- What: Story Story Lie is an interactive, live, storytelling game show that invites the audience to separate fact from fiction. Watermelon, Kathleen McGee, Fatima Dhowre, Reema Sh, Burcu and Maia Gibb share stories onstage, with all proceeds going to The Chrysalis Society, a local grass-roots organization that helps women overcome abuse and addiction.
- Where: Cafe Deux Soleils – 2096 Commercial Drive, Vancouver
- When: March 10 at 9 pm
- Tickets: Online, $10-$20
- What: Instant Theatre launches two new shows at Havana Theatre. Talk Felty To Me is a sexy and over-the-top saucy puppet show, and A Fistful of Kicks is an improvised kung-fu spectacular.
- Where: Havana Theatre – 195 East 26th Avenue, Vancouver
- When: March 10 and March 11 at 10:30 pm
- Tickets: Online, $10
- What: Brent Constantine and Amber Harper-Young host a comedy show featuring some of the city’s best local comedians’ stories about Vancouver, adjusting to life here, and leaving home. Guests Sophie Buddle, Jacob Samuel, Jane Stanton, Harris Anderson and more.
- Where: Hot Art Wet City – 2206 Main Street, Vancouver
- When: March 11 at 7:30 pm
- Tickets: Online, $7
- What: An hour of improvised sketches from the hottest improv comedians in the city. From the brilliant and sharp to the absurd and messy, the rule is simple – never been seen before.
- Where: XY YVR– 1216 Bute Street, Vancouver
- When: March 14 at 8 pm
- Tickets: $5 at the door
- What: A bi-weekly stand-up comedy showcase hosted by Colin Sharp, James Kennedy and Ryan Williams. Featuring top comics from around Vancouver and from shows like Conan and festivals like Just for Laughs. Plus enjoy Granville Island Brewing’s series of ever-changing small-batch brews that are available exclusively at The Taproom.
- Where: The Taproom – 1441 Cartwright Street, Vancouver (Granville Island)
- When: Bi-weekly at 9 pm
- Tickets: At the door, $5