FEATURED EVENTS IN VANCOUVER
Wed, November 25, 12:00pm
Starts at $1.00
Wed, December 2, 10:00am
ARTS & THEATRE, OUTDOOR
Fri, December 4, 10:00am
ARTS & THEATRE, VIRTUAL
Fri, December 4, 6:00pm
Laugh your way through the end of January. Stand-up, puppetry and poetry – here is our list of five comedy events to check out in Vancouver from January 26 to February 1.
For more things happening around town, check out our events section.
- What: A night of hilarious stand-up comedy with Hollywood Harv. It’s Harv’s first theatre show in his hometown of Richmond and he’ll be bringing new material and special guests to the River Rock.
- When: Saturday, January 27, 2018
- Time: Doors 7 pm
- Where: River Rock Casino Resort – 8811 River Road, Richmond
- Tickets: Online, $35-$45
- What: Between Three Wheels is a spoken weird talk show brought to you by the Tiny Tricycle Poets: Emma Field, Angelica Poversky, and Andrew Warner. The trio have competed together and against each other in local poetry competitions like BC’s Hullabaloo and at national festivals like Voices of Today.
- When: Sunday, January 28, 2018
- Time: 2 to 4 pm
- Where: Havana Restaurant – 1212 Commercial Drive, Vancouver
- Tickets: Online, By donation
- What: Perhaps best known as the creator and star of The Office, Extras, and Derek, Ricky Gervais has had a busy couple of years with an international theatrical and DVD release, alongside an exclusive partnership with Netflix USA, for mockumentary comedy feature film David Brent: Life On The Road. Last year, Special Correspondents, which Gervais wrote, directed and starred in, was launched on Netflix worldwide, and Gervais also hosted the Golden Globes for a 4th time.
- When: Monday, January 29 and Tuesday, January 30, 2018
- Time: 7:30 pm
- Where: Queen Elizabeth Theatre – 630 Hamilton Street, Vancouver
- Tickets: $65.50- $79.50 via Live Nation.
- What: Jane Stanton headlines Old Crow Comedy Sho, with Kody Audette, Ed Hill, Rachel Schaefer Tanner McCoolman and more on the bill. Hosted by Megan Milton.
- When: Monday, January 29, 2018
- Time: 8 pm
- Where: Old Crow Coffee Co. – 655 Front Street, New Westminster
- Tickets: $5
- What: A contemporary look at this classic tale, Marionetas de la Esquina’s humorous storytelling and whimsical puppetry awaken this sleeping princess as never before. An international collaboration between Presentation House Theatre and Marionetas de la Esquina (Mexico City).
- When: Now to Sunday, February 4, 2018
- Time: Various times
- Where: Presentation House Theatre — 333 Chesterfield Avenue, North Vancouver
- Tickets: Online, $15