FEATURED EVENTS IN VANCOUVER
Sun, January 31, 12:00pm
ARTS & THEATRE, COMMUNITY
Wed, February 3, 11:00pm
Bill Reid Gallery of Northwest Coast Art
Starts at $13.00
ARTS & THEATRE, COMMUNITY
A Future for Memory: Art and Life After the Great East Japan Earthquake, February 11 to September 5, 2021
Thu, February 11, 10:00am
The Museum of Anthropology (MOA) at UBC
Starts at $13.00
Summer nights were made for laughing with friends! From improv to stand-up and more, here is our list of 10 hilarious comedy events in Vancouver this August.
For more things happening around town, check out our events section.
- What: Efthimios Nasiopoulos has performed at JFL Northwest, the Hubcap Comedy Festival, CBC’s The Winnipeg Comedy Festival and CBC’s LOL. You can hear him on Sirius XM where he’s released his first album ‘Efthimios’, which is also available on iTunes.
- Where: the Comedy Mix – 1015 Burrard Street, Vancouver
- When: August 3 at 8:30 pm August 4 and 5 at 8 and 10:30 pm
- Tickets: Online, $15-$20
- What: Yuk Yuk’s presents the pride themed QUEER as JOKES Showcase, featuring Emma Cooper, The Sleepy Girls, Steev Letts, Anita Johnson, Kelby De Laet, Katie Nordgren, Mallory Gallant, DJ Floha, and host Steve Sidi
- Where: Yuk Yuk’s Vancouver – 2837 Cambie Street, Vancouver
- When: August 4 at 10:30 pm
- Tickets: Online, $8
- What: The Gentlemen Hecklers celebrate their Five Year Anniversary by movie riffing Krull. Eric Fell, Patrick Maliha, and Shaun Stewart make so-bad-they’re-good movies even better by talking you through them.
- Where: Rio Theatre – 1660 East Broadway, Vancouver
- When: August 9 at 9:30 pm
- Tickets: Online, $12
- What: Byron Bertram performs his brand new one man show “The Man with the Broken Brain” which delves into his personal and hilarious journey of mental health awareness, tackling taboo subjects such as: OCD, addiction, sexual insecurities, body image, racism and more.
- Where: The Comedy Basement at Goldies – 605 West Pender Street, Vancouver
- When: August 9 at 9 pm
- Tickets: Online, $10
- What: Knockout Punchlines turns the hit party favourite Quiplash into a live gameshow at Seven Dining Lounge. Join The Fictionals and some of Vancouver’s funniest improvisers as they battle it out for the Quiplash Crown. Your votes via smartphone or tablet decides which punchline inspires the comedy, and who leaves 7DL this month’s champion.
- Where: Seven Dining Lounge – 53 West Broadway, Vancouver
- When: August 10 at 8 pm
- Admission: By Donation
- What: For The Radical’s One Year Anniversary, they have invited back two of their favourite Improv Voltron guests for their first-ever triple bill. Joining them at the Heritage Grill is Union Jacked and Carmelahhh Comedy.
- Where: The Heritage Grill – 447 Columbia Street, Vancouver
- When: August 11 at 8 pm
- Tickets: At the door, $10
- What: Lori Ferguson-Ford has performed stand-up for over 20 years, and has been voted BC’s Funniest New Comic and BC’s Funniest Woman. She has toured all over North America, with stops at The Improv, The Laugh Factory and the Comedy Store. Lori’s has also appeared on CTV, CBC, The Comedy Network, and CBC radio’s Madly Off In All Directions.
- When: August 18 and 19 at 8 pm
- Where: Yuk Yuk’s Abbotsford – 2509 Pauline St, Abbotsford
- Tickets: Online, $19.05 plus tax
- What: Garrett has performed at three of the prestigious Just For Laughs Festivals (Montreal, Toronto and Vancouver) and has opened for Todd Barry and Iliza Shlesinger. He was also selected among the “Best of Fest” at Big Pine Comedy Festival in Flagstaff, Arizona and recently headlined shows all across Scotland.
- Where: Lafflines Comedy Club – 530 Columbia Street, New Westminster
- When: August 25 at 9:30 pm, August 26 at 9 pm
- Tickets: Online, $20
- What: Vancouver TheatreSports League recently added a Tuesday night improv comedy show to its long list of weekly shows – 12 to be exact. The shows range from Classic TheatreSports which sees two teams of performers pitted against each other in a competitive improv match, to themed shows such as OK Tinder, a show that pokes fun at Vancouver’s notorious dating scene. Using audience suggestions to fuel their scenes, you are guaranteed to never see the same show twice.
- When: Tuesdays to Sundays at various times
- Where: The Improv Centre – 1502 Duranleau Street
- Tickets: Available through VTSL online
- What: Stand-up comedy every Wednesday in the Projection Room, upstairs at the Fox Cabaret. Featuring a different lineup of comics and headliners each week.
- Where: The Fox Cabaret –2321 Main Street, Vancouver
- When: Every Wednesday at 9 pm
- Tickets: $5