Halloween is over and Christmas is on everyone’s mind. More than 280 artisans from coast to coast will be in town for Vancouver’s Circle Craft Christmas Market, a local tradition since 1973. For 37 years, generations of Vancouverites, British Columbians, as well as tourists from near and far have been enjoying the Market where they come face to face with fine BC and Canadian artisans and their work: wood turners, glass blowers, sculptors and potters, clothing and jewellery designers, toy makers, leather and metal workers, and more. In addition, food vendors, entertainment by local dance groups, craft technique demonstrations, and other crafty activities, round out the experience!
The Market offers additional special sights and artistic surprises for attendees and fun activities for
families to enjoy:
- Totally Amazing Glass – Enjoy free glassblowing demonstrations by some of Canada’s top glass artists.
- Ballz of Fire Workshop – Try your hand at designing and creating a blown glass Christmas ornament.
- The Entertainment Stage where fantastic local talent will shine, including: Arts Umbrella Dance Company, Donna Fishwick Piano Ensemble, Douglas Ballet, Lorita Leung Dance Academy, Royal City Youth Ballet Company, The Squares, and more.
- Pottery Throwing Demonstrations by three of Circle Craft’s most distinguished ceramic artists, Gordon Hutchens, Cathi Jefferson, and Kinichi Shigeno.
- Student Art Exhibition – Circle Craft presents, for the fifth year, an exciting exhibit celebrating student creativity.
What: CIRCLE CRAFT CHRISTMAS MARKET
When: November 9-13, 2011 | Vancouver Convention Centre West| Wednesday-Friday 10am to 9pm| Saturday 10am to 7pm | Sunday 10am to 5pm.
Admission: SAVE $2 ONLINE
- Adults $12 @ door or $10 online
- Students $10 @ door or $8 online
- Seniors $10 @ door or $8 online
- 2 for 1 adults after 5pm on Wed & Thurs ONLY – $12
- (Your initial ticket purchase entitles you to unlimited re-entry on any day of the 2011 show. Please pick up and
- validate your re-entry pass as you exit. Offer is non-transferable, and applies to ticket purchaser ONLY.)
- Tickets are available online at www.circlecraft.net.
- Tickets are also available in advance at Circle Craft Shop & Gallery,
- 1 – 1666 Johnston St., Net Loft, Granville Island, starting October 1 through till November 13.
Full details at www.circlecraft.net
You may also want to check out the Vancouver Christmas Market