On February 9, 2013, the second annual Richmond Celebrates Hockey Day takes place at the Richmond Olympic Oval. “All things hockey under one roof” will once again be the theme for the day-long festival where fans can catch the Canucks Alumni hit the ice to take on the Richmond Sockey Alumni.
For hockey fans, this is the ultimate start to the new BC Family Day long weekend. The alumni team coming to the Oval will feature many of the most popular Vancouver Canucks of the past 40 years, including members of 1994 and 1982 Stanley Cup finalists.
Other highlights include:
- Appearances and autograph signings by a number of NHL legends and special appearances by popular Canucks mascot Fin and his friends.
- Performances by the popular Vancouver Canucks house band and Canadian rock/pop stars Odds.
- Hockey market place with more than 40 booths featuring collectibles, memorabilia and more.
- Celebrity ball hockey games starring NHL legends, media personalities and members of Richmond City Council.
- Fun, interactive and informative hockey memorabilia displays from the BC Sports Hall of Fame.
- An interactive fun zone where fans can test their shooting and other hockey skills; mini-hockey for kids.
- A day-long hockey jamboree on twin Olympic-sized ice sheets with minor hockey games, skills clinics, and demonstrations.
- A chance to test your skills in table hockey, air hockey, electronic hockey games and more.
- An Urban Rec road hockey tournament on the Oval plaza.
- Numerous merchandise giveaways, prize draws and fun contests.
Get tickets here.
Image via Wikipedia