The adults-only event will feature exhibits that teach guests about the sex lives of animals. The intimate affair offers cocktails, beer, and wine for purchase while everyone enjoys a number of special experiences.
During the Vancouver Aquarium’s After Hours, guests can explore exhibits on their own and can:
- Listen to a hissing cockroach’s mating call, learn how sharks can reproduce four different ways, and uncover why the ocean is sexy through talks from aquarists
- Learn about reproduction underwater – from coral sex to otter love – from a special scientific presentation by a veterinarian
- Catch a screening of the new, exhilarating 4-D film, Coastal Predators
- Experience hands-on learning with marine invertebrates like sea stars, sea urchins, and more in the Wet Lab
Guests are encouraged to purchase tickets early since they often sell out. After Hours is a 19+ event and photo ID is required for entry. All ticket sales are final. Membership cards will be required for member-priced ticket holders.
But one lucky Daily Hive reader will get a ticket for free by entering the contest listed below.
When: March 16, 6:30 to 10 pm
Where: 845 Avison Way, Vancouver Aquarium
Price: $23 for members and $31 for non-members, buy online
Enter for your chance to win two tickets to Vancouver Aquarium’s After Hours on March 16.
To enter for your chance to win two tickets to Vancouver Aquarium’s After Hours, do at least one of the following:
1. Tweet the following on Twitter: (1 entry)
- Win 2 tickets to the adults-only #AfterHoursVA at @VanAqua on Mar 16 via @VancityBuzz http://ow.ly/M9aT3097103 RT to enter!
2. Like Vancouver Aquarium on Facebook. Leave a comment below telling us once you have. (1 entry)
3. Like Vancouver Aquarium on Instagram. Leave a comment below telling us once you have. (1 entry)
4. Leave a comment below telling us your favourite marine animal. (1 entry)
Contest entries will be accepted from time and date of publishing until 11:59 pm PST on March 11. One winner will be chosen at random and contacted through the platform they enter by.