All my single ladies, all my single ladies…here’s a fun idea for Valetine’s Day: organize a gift exchange with your besties. This twist to the hallmark holiday is a fantastic excuse to spoil yourself with a pretty package. And since women have better taste in gifts than men do, you already have a solid leg up. Here are a few items we love for your consideration.
1. Macarons from Soirette. Soirette is Vancouver’s newest bakery that has specialized in macarons. The shop just oozes girly, with pretty white furnishings and adorable accents. It is the modern candy shop designed for grown women. Their tea selection is healthy and with names like Organic Iron Goddess Of Mercy, Organic Rosy Peony and
Pink Champagne, how could you go wrong? Their macarons are thoughtful, tasty and just the right temperature and texture. I had an americano that was big enough to take a glorious bath in!
2. To Die For Bacon Banana Bread. You heard me sister. Erin Ireland’s famous banana bread has been paired with bacon from local butcher/diner SAVE-ON-MEATS. Double smoked bacon, organic bananas and Callebaut Chocolate makes this bread something uniquely tasty. Buy it with this vintage cup for a cute breakfast-themed gift that is grea.
Beginning Friday, February 10th, To Die For Bacon Banana Bread will be available by the loaf ($10) at Save On Meats’ Butcher Shop and by the slice (two for $5) at Save On Meats’ Diner. Spring for a classic Save On Meats mug and some thick double smoked bacon for your Valentine’s Day morning, and you’ve got the perfect gift for your bacon-adoring partner
3. Polishes are so subtle but we all know that the right look can bring together a look. Best of all, new colours each season make it a cheap thrill we can all enjoy. Tangerine is our favorite colour to look out for c/o Deborah Lippman and Spa Boutique. It’s a true orange crush! Read more about Spa Boutique’s retail front and online website here that let’s you have the best of both worlds, here.
4. Mani/Pedis from Spoiled Nail Bar: If DIY-manis aren’t your thing, head into Spoiled Nail Barwhere its all in the name. Spoil you and your girlfriend where all you need to worry about is choosing your colours and relaxing. The Pamper Me Pedicure includes cuticle care, a luscious scrub and a relaxing massage for $35. For added pampering you can add paraffin for only $15. Or go with Me Me Me Manicure where they can enjoy a nice soak and a relaxing massage for only $25.
If you really want to spoil them rotten chose the Spoiled Combo for $47 which includes the Me Me Me Manicure and Pamper Me Pedicure, this is sure to leave them feeling loved and spoiled!
5. Buff up the brows with Bombay Brows: I cannot stress the importance of groomed brows. It is more tragic than a Greek story, when you see a stylish lady with brows that are overplucked, are the wrong shape, or are too bushy. The Bombay Brow Duo ($35) is a compact brow kit that combines the perfect shade of colour and brow wax and 2 angle brushes for serious brow perfection.
There’s also the Bombay Rose Facial Gel ($24 60ml). This light, cool facial gel incorporates pure rosewater with cucumber and aloe vera gel soothes, refreshes and moisturizes the skin. Highly emollient plum seed oil supplies additional nourishment, leaving the skin luxuriously pampered and radiant. Suitable for all skin types. Or better yet, go in for a service and leave it up to the pros. Click here for a full list of their services.