These quick little amuse bouche-style umami bombs are ideal for enjoying while browsing the market with 33 Acres beer in hand, while being tantalized by more olfactory sensations than one room to contain.
The menu design is a concentrated effort to offer a multi-course dining experience in a casual way.
In their last Hawkers experience, the duo tackled beef tartare and chicken liver parfait, which are total chef classics that can make even the most discerning foodies in Vancouver happy.
Below are five of Juno and Doug’s offerings for Saturday night. Let’s just stay you should probably start skipping a few meals if you are going to make it through this Hawkers Market.
Juno’s Hawkers Menu consists of five items flying out from the tables and on the Dim Sum Trolley.
- Crispy pork belly, wakame cracker, soy and shochu emulsion, pickled shiitakes, shiitake dust
- Chicken parfait, crispy chicken skin, cider gastrique gel, thyme crème fraîche
- Pulled pork, celery root wrap, cilantro apple slaw, kelp stout BBQ sauce
- Chilled mussels, fennel vinaigrette, fried brioche, winter herb x prosciutto oil
- Oyster, apple mint slaw, ginger apple sabayon
Remember the early bird gets the worm or in the case of Hawkers Market, crispy chicken parfait. Be sure to swing down hang out and scope out the 30+ hawkers this Saturday starting at 5 p.m.
Also by purchasing a ticket you are vocalizing your support for a new type of food economy in Vancouver and Canada and helping to create a support network, community and platform for these businesses to startup, learn and grow.
Follow the action at @hawkersmarket.