For more than 75 years, Theatre Under the Stars (TUTS) has been creating summer moments and memories for Vancouverites. The not-for-profit organization comes together at Stanley Park’s Malkin Bowl every summer to present live musical theatre, both classic and contemporary, for eager audiences chilling under the night sky.
We’re fans, if you couldn’t tell.
Well, this summer is no different. Starting July 4 and running until August 25, TUTS will be running two shows: Rodgers & Hammerstein’s Cinderella, and 42nd Street.
Tickets are $30 – $49, and can be purchased at tuts.ca or 604-631-2877.
But before you go ahead and book tickets for your midsummer night’s dream date, here’s what you can expect at each of the shows.
Rodgers & Hammerstein’s Cinderella
A musical of dreams come true and happily ever after. (You might have heard of this one before.)
The timeless enchantment of the fairy tale classic is given fresh life by the creators of The Sound of Music, South Pacific, and Oklahoma!
Brimming with wit and warmth, the Tony Award-winning musical promises to transport the hearts of children and adults alike with a magical fable of Fairy Godmothers, glass slippers, and the triumph of true love.
This classic musical is Broadway’s big, brassy song and dance extravaganza.
Fresh off the bus from small-town America, Peggy Sawyer is just another face in the chorus line in Broadway’s newest, glitziest show. But when the leading lady gets injured, Peggy might just get the shot at stardom she has always dreamed of.
A celebratory ode to the grandest musicals of yesteryear, 42nd Street is bursting with all-time classics, including ‘Lullaby of Broadway,’ ‘Shuffle Off to Buffalo,’ ‘We’re in the Money,’ and the titular show-stopping, tap-dance spectacular.
Now that you’re a well-informed aspiring theatre paton, we’re going to up the ante by offering you the perfect date night under the stars. Just enter below and thank us later.
One entrant could win the ultimate summer night out (valued at $850), courtesy of Theatre Under the Stars, including:
- Two (2) adult tickets to Theatre Under the Stars, valid for either show (Rodgers & Hammerstein’s Cinderella or 42nd Street)
- One Night stay in harbourview room at The Westin Bayshore
- The Perfect Picnic from H2 Rotisserie & Bar Style at The Westin Bayshore
- Two drinks (Hester Creek Wine, Red Racer Beer, tea, coffee, or pop, etc.) onsite at TUTS
- Complimentary TUTS seat cushions
- Complimentary TUTS house programmes
To enter for your chance to win ultimate summer night out (valued at $850), courtesy of Theatre Under the Stars, please do at least one of the following:
1. Follow Theatre Under the Stars on Instagram – @tutsvancouver and leave a comment below telling us once you have. (1 entry)
2. Like Theatre Under the Stars on Facebook – @TUTSVancouver and leave a comment below telling us once you have. (1 entry)
3. Tweet the following (1 entry):
Contest entries will be accepted from the time and date of publishing until 11:59 pm on July 6, 2018. One winner will be chosen at random and contacted through the platform they used to enter.
When: July 4 – August 25
Time: Show at 8 pm, shows alternate days
Where: Malkin Bowl, 610 Pipeline Rd, Vancouver
Tickets: Start at $30 – Available via TUTS