TransLink has announced that they’re boosting transit and adjusting bus routes ahead of the 2019 Honda Celebration of Light.
Adjustments will be made to the SkyTrain, buses, SeaBus, and West Coast Express.
The following changes are in effect for all three days of festivities (July 27, July 31, and August 3):
- The Expo and Millenium Lines will use all available trains starting in the mid-afternoon. The last scheduled train leaving Waterfront Station will be at 1:16 am.
- The Canada Line will provide rush-hour level service all evening. Following the fireworks, every train will be in service. The last train will depart at 1:15 am.
- Buses will be in place from Burrard Station to Denman and Robson from 7 to 10 pm.
- Buses will also be in place from Yaletown Statin to Burrard and Davie from 6:45 pm to 10 pm.
- After the fireworks, return shuttles will be in place from Georgia and Denman to Burrard Station, as well as Burrard and Davie to Yaletown Station.
- Post-fireworks shuttles will run until user demand subsides.
Due to closures on Davie Street, the following routes will see changes in service:
- Route 5 will proceed normally to Robson and Denman, then loop back with altered service along Georgia, Pender, Richards, Robson, and Cambie.
- Route 6 will take its regular route to Cambie and Robson, then loop back with altered service along Georgia, Pender, Burrard, Robson, Denman, Georgia, Pender, and Cambie.
- SeaBus service will run in 15-minute intervals until 12:30 am, then 30-minute intervals until the last sailing at 1:22 am to Lonsdale Quay.
West Coast Express
August 3 only:
- A full-service train will depart Mission at 7 pm and arrive Waterfront at 8:15 pm.
- A return Train will depart Waterfront Station at midnight.
Up-to-date information will also be available via TransLink’s Twitter page.