Traffic in Metro Vancouver is bad even on a good day but yesterday’s evening rush hour was one of the worst days this year for traffic related incidents. In total, three pedestrians were struck and numerous crashes were reported.
An incident in downtown Vancouver involving a pedestrian on Georgia Street between Granville and Hornby Streets had traffic tied up with the majority of downtown Vancouver at a standstill.
Other traffic incidents reported last night around Metro Vancouver:
- Accident on First Ave eastbound between Victoria & Nanaimo. Car hit a pole.
- Accident involving a pedestrian at Carrall & Keefer
- Report of accident involving a pedestrian at Joyce Station, Vaness & Joyce
- 4 car crash on Westminster Hwy westbound between Shell & No. 4 Rd.
- 3 car crash reported on Marine Way westbound just after Boundary Rd, in the right lane.
- Shortly after 3 p.m., a motorcyclist traveling southbound on 128th St. crashed with an SUV heading northbound on 128th Street in Surrey.
- Nearly a dozen peacocks on the road, heading east on 152nd and 62nd in Surrey
According to ICBC, there is a 16 per cent increase in vehicle accidents during the late afternoon commute over the two weeks following the Daylight Saving Time change compared to the two weeks prior to the change.