FEATURED EVENTS IN VANCOUVER
A Future for Memory: Art and Life After the Great East Japan Earthquake, February 11 to September 5, 2021
In its fourth year, event attendees benefited from a dynamic day that provided real insights and hands-on advice from well-known industry vets and rising new talent.
At VIFF 2017, more than 150 attendees were treated to progressive, timely and relevant panels that covered topics like a behind-the-scenes look into a TV writer’s room, inclusivity and diversity, digital storytelling platforms, and innovations in storytelling.
There were more than 25 experts on-hand to tell their stories and share some advice during the panels.
Industry experts included:
- Tim Goodman, chief TV critic, The Hollywood Reporter
- Chris Harris, director of digital content, CBC
- Kathleen Hepburn, writer/director, Never Steady, Never Still
- Kristin Lehman, actor
- Thomas Schnauz, writer/executive producer, Better Call Saul
- Nina Sudra, general manager, VICE Canada
So yes, you could say a totally awesome day was had by all attendees and speakers!
STORYHIVE offers production grants and distribution opportunities for filmmakers, musicians, storytellers and creators in BC and Alberta. They tell stories, create art, and make careers happen. Learn more at storyhive.com.