Deep within the bowels of the PNE grounds, an unforgettable show is about to be unleashed. Vancouver’s rising circus stars strut their stuff in CircusWest’s KALEIDOSCOPE, happening May 1 to 4.
Top 5 reasons why you should see KALEIDOSCOPE:
1. It’s a perfect blend of athletics and performing arts, providing an exciting AND inspiring experience.
2. See the next generation of Circus Stars! These incredibly talented teenagers have been training for years, and some go on to national/international circus troupes!
3. Experience a different side to circus – contemporary and highly artistic, this show includes elements of theatre, dance, live music and amazing projections.
4. Check out a contemporary reinvention of the tight rope – created by CircusWest specially for this show!
5. Something for everyone! In one show, witness everything from jaw-dropping aerials, balance, and juggling acts, to crazy feats of acrobatics, strength and flexibility.
About The Show
KALEIDOSCOPE – Circus in Technicolour features the circus talents of teenaged circus performers who have been training in the circus arts for years. This spectacular performance tells the story of a young boy who searches for and is inspired by coloured worlds of circus and ultimately finds his true colours.
KALEIDOSCOPE promises to be an immersive multi-sensory experience with athletic aerial and ground circus acts, a beautiful sound track, lush projections and unexpected surprises to delight one and all! Within one show, witness incredible acts including trapeze, acrobalance, juggling, unicyclists, tumbling, dance, tissu and trampoline.
CircusWest is an established arts centre that trains people of all sorts in the circus arts. Celebrating its 30th Anniversary as Vancouver’s circus leader, KALEIDOSCOPE is one of many community events of the big year, culminating in CircusFest (Vancouver’s first Circus Festival) later this fall.
Show: KALEIDOSCOPE – Circus in Technicolour
Dates: May 1 – 4, 2014
Venue: Garden Auditorium, PNE (directions here)
Address: 2901 East Hastings St., Vancouver
Cost: Adults – $20, Youth (18 & Under) – $13, Students & Seniors – $15, School Group Rate -$9
Advertorial. If you are interested in sponsored content, please contact us.