For the women…
1.The BANGED up Pixie. (More painless to style than it sounds)
- To get Jennifer Lawrence’s hairstyle, start by applying a heat protectant spray such as Bumble and Bumble Thickening Hairspray to damp the hair then blow dry using a paddle brush. Create a deep side part and dry your bangs so that they sweep across your forehead.
- Once your hair is dry, use a flat iron to smooth your bangs. Run the iron throughout the rest of your hair to tame flyaways.
- Rub a cream-like product between your hands, then run your fingers through the top portion of your hair to create a messy look. I recommend Bumble and Bumble Crème Contour for a tousled look.
- Smooth your bangs and the sides of your hair, leaving the top portion tousled.
- Finish up with a medium-hold hairspray such as Bumble and Bumble Spray De Mode.
2. Know your Roots
There are many variations of o’mbre out there. Here are a few of my favourites…
The Balayaged S’ombre
A softer, more seamless o’mbre. This o’mbre technique is so soft and sultry. It is a mixture of o’mbre, diagonally placed highlights and balayage. The bright pieces around the face make you glow.
The Melt O’mbre
This technique is a gradual ombre. It starts with the darkest shade at the roots and it slowly trancends into lighter ends.
Last but not least we have the Dipped O’mbre. Great for those who want to create a pop of color midstrand to ends. I love this look on Long bobs.
3.The Lady Pompadour
This look is for the bold woman and can quite easily make you feel powerful. You can wear it sleek like Jessica Alba or wavy like Desi Lydic for a more glamorous approach.
4. LOBS (Long Bobs)
We have seen so many of our favourite celebs cropping their long tresses for a different look. If you’re the type that wants something new but is addicted to long hair then may I suggest the long bob?
This length still gives you length to play with. Pair it up with a fringe similar to Alexa Chung, angled like Gwyneth Paltrow, or have it all one length and blunt just like Olivia Palermo.
5. COLOR ME BAD!
Taste the rainbow this year with pastel colours whether it’s pastel O’mbre’s, Coloured Spray chalk, Pomades or hair extensions. Colour shy need not apply.
I love this fantasy trend (and how it’s becoming less of a fantasy) and we are seeing it explode everywhere.
For the men…
1. The side parted gentleman
Don Draper be draping it and you should too. Love this Gatsby, Mad Men inspired trend. “It is smarty pants sexy.”
2. The Ruff Ryder
Longer hair on men never looked so hot. Rugged, unfinished, and untamed. Bring out the scruff stuff. To wear your hair with it’s natural texture in an effortless way I would recommend using Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray to start any one of these long haired looks. It just gives that beachy natural unfinished texture which I think is a key element to this look.
3. The Slickster
This look is wet, slick, and controlled. Wear it slicked to the side, back or wherever.
4. Linear fades
Draw the line… wherever you want. Tight fades with linear touches is huge right now. Geometrically appealing to the eye. You can also make a built in side part by having your stylist draw it in with a trimmer like the picture below.
5. Fade ‘n‘ Pomp
This cut is for the electric male. Clean sides and back and pomped up on top. High contrast and high rised. The sky is the limit.
To get this look I would recommend blowdrying with Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray and using a Denman brush blow-dry hair back in a c-shaped motion. Then apply a matte styling paste such as Bumble and Bumble Sumo Tech. Rub product between palm of hands to soften apply to the hair. Comb through the product for even dispersion and finger style after. For extra hold use a firm hold hairspray such as Bumble and Bumble Classic Hairspray.
Written by Sonia Resendes Master Stylist at Rain Salon