The ‘Winter Challenge’ has gone completely viral on social media and it involves people recording videos of themselves partaking in an extremely cold, winter activity in an unconventional way.
Most have submerged themselves, including their entire head, under a cold lake or river while others completed snow angels with their bare skin.
Following the completion of the dare, they are then required to challenge other individuals who then have 24 hours to fulfill the Winter Challenge. The entire activity and dare is done for fun.
The most high-profile individual in B.C. to have completed the challenge is Vancouver Mayor Gregor Robertson. He completed the dare with City Councillor Andrea Reimer by swimming the frigid waters of Burrard Inlet. Upon completing the dip, Robertson challenged B.C. Premier Christy Clark to do the same.
Do you have any Winter Challenge videos to share? Send us the video link at tips[at]vancitybuzz.com or Tweet it to us at @VancityBuzz with #WinterChallenge.
Here are our Top 10 Winter Challenge Videos (local, national and international):
1. Snow swimming in a speedo
2. Into a frozen lake wearing almost nothing
3. Vancouver Mayor Gregor Robertson and Councillor Andrea Reimer
4. Dive into Howe Sound
5. Snow angels
6. Team Spirit
7. A dip near Second Narrows Bridge
8. Into a freezing river
9. Freezing cold open ocean water
[youtube id =”gA9snSruikg”]
11. Cold stream dip
12. Any snow that you can find on the ground…
13. Backflip into snow!
14. Cracks of a frozen lake
15. Jumping into a little pond
16. Swimming in freezing ditch water
17. Winter Challenge with floaties
18. Open ocean during snowfall
19. West Vancouver Police Department
20. Shovelling snow wearing [almost] nothing