The Toronto International Film Festival took place last month, and three celebrities who rocked it on the red carpet were Amber Heard, Kristen Stewart and Penelope Cruz. From bashful lashes, to bold brows to statement nails, here are our TIFF-inspired beauty tips to help transform your look in an instant with everyday low prices.
Heard looked stunning supporting husband Johnny Depp in his highly anticipated film premiere, Black Mass, co-starring TIFF favourite Benedict Cumberbatch, Kevin Bacon (The Following) and Fifty Shades of Grey actor Dakota Johnson.
The Rum Diary star opted for a fitted little black dress, shimmering eye shadow, classic red pumps and lipstick to match. And don’t even get us started on her hair, the classic blond bombshell blowout: major hair-envy.
To get the look
- Create flawless skin with the help of a powerful blend of essential oils, instantly replenish moisture and revive radiance. Use Polynesian Monoi Radiance Oil (The Body Shop, $20).
- Illuminate your skin like Heard with a light lotion and achieve that even looking complexion with the exclusive translucent base and lightweight pigments that allow skin’s natural highs and lows to show through. Use Face Studio Master Prime Blur + Illuminate (Maybelline New York, $12.99).
- For her cat eye use a fine felt tip, I suggest the sleek and sophisticated Skinny Felt Black Eyeliner (The Body Shop, $15) that makes even the most delicate of eyeliner styles possible.
- Achieve her salon-perfect manicure with a pop of colour in minutes using imPRESS’s press on nails. (imPRESS, $6.99)
- Get red carpet worthy curls in an instant with the fully automatic curler that instantly creates beautiful, long-lasting curls with just the press of the curl dial. Throw on a sea salt-infused spray that boosts body and loose texture in seconds. Use Style De-Constructed Beach Chic Texturizing Spray (Garnier Fructis, $5.49) and InstaWave (KISS, $69.96).
- Create long-lasting, fuller lashes in half the time thanks to the tapered End Lash Technology delivering lifelike lashes that blend seamlessly with your own. Look So Natural Lashes Flirty (KISS, $4.97).
- Complete the look with a bold lip that lasts even while packing on the PDA. Color Sensational The Mattes in Siren In Scarlet (Maybelline New York, $9.99).
Stewart looked exquisite as always, wearing Chanel to her latest film premiere with co-star Nicholas Hoult. She chose a dark-coloured gown from their 2015 fall couture collection, a pair of sexy strappy sandals and Forevermark bracelets to complete her look.
K-Stew captivated with a sophisticated slicked back hair-do and intense midnight blue eyeshadow with gorgeous long lashes. She wore a glossy nude lip and her eyebrows were definitely on trend.
To get the look
- Highlight cheeks with a natural looking flush of warm shimmer. The creamy, lightweight texture glides onto skin for a soft finish. Honey Bronze Highlighting Dome (The Body Shop, $16).
- To achieve her bold brows use the all-in-one Beautiful Brow Kit (KISS, $7.94). with just a few easy steps.
- To add a little bit of pop to the eyes use Master Kajal Eyeliner in Navy Night (Maybelline New York, $9.99).
- For big lashes like Kristen’s use Look So Natural Lashes in Flirty (KISS, $4.97).
- For a nude lip, try the Lips Color Sensational The Buffs Lipstick in Stormy Sahara (Maybelline New York, $9.99).
- For Kristin’s slicked back do, build body with the power of mousse. Use on damp, clean hair and apply onto multiple sections before blow-drying. Creates full, plush looks that last all night. Full & Plush Root Amp Spray Mousse (Garnier Fructis, $5.29).
Cruz was a vision in white at the Ma Ma Premiere, perfectly dressed for Toronto’s warm weather. The lovely 41-year-old Spanish actress graced the red carpet wearing a form-fitting white crepe dress from Roland Mouret’s resort 2016 collection. The mother of two paired her frock with a simple pair of nude, closed-toed pumps and accessorized with gold-hooped earrings.
For her beauty look, the “Vicky Christina Barcelona” star opted for a youthful partial up-do, with side bangs framing her face. Dark rimmed eyes, a touch of blush and bold, peach lips completed her very chic ensemble.
To get the look
- Highlight cheeks with a natural looking flush of warm shimmer, whatever your skin tone. Honey Bronze Highlighting Dome in Honey Bronze (The Body Shop, $16).
- For flawless skin and hair use the daily facial and body oil from The Body Shop, known for their revitalizing and repairing properties on skin which gives you a natural and effortless looking glow like Penelope’s all evening long. Polynesian Monoi Radiance Oil (The Body Shop, $20).
- Frame the eyes by enhancing your brows like Penelope’s using Beautiful Brow Kit (KISS, $7.94).
- All eyes are on you with the Matte Kajal Black Eyeliner (Maybelline New York, $9.99). To create a smoky eye, the smart, easy-grip ensures a mistake-free application every time.
- For big lashes, like Penelope’s use Look So Natural Lashes in Shy (KISS, $4.97).
- To create a half-up half-down ‘do with a slight wave use the InstaWave (KISS, $69.96) over multiple sections. It’s so easy to use, just insert each section of hair and with a press of the dial you have a beautiful wave. Finish the look by adding a little touch of sheer, texturizing cream-wax that gives movable control creating that loose, textured style. Style De-Constructed Pixie Play Crafting Cream (Garnier Fructis, $6.99).