Some of Vancouver’s finest dining establishments and craft beer breweries are pairing up in the name of charity.
This Sandwich, That Beer Throwdown! returns to The Portside Pub in Gastown on June 26, where places like Calabash Bistro, Cascade Room, 33 Acres, and Powell Street Brewing will churn out delicious provisions to benefit Backpack Buddies — a foundation that provides food for hungry inner-city children.
Patrons will get to sample the goods and then take to the ballots to vote for their favourite combination to crown a winner. This edition of the Throwdown! will exclusively feature vegetarian food, for all you herbivores.
The full lineup of competitors are:
- Calabash Bistro x Yellow Dod
- Cascade Room x Bomber Brewing
- The Dirty Apron x Dageraad
- Handtaste Ferments x Powell Street Brewing
- The Local Omnivore x 33 Acres
- The Uncommon Cafe x Strange Fellows
- Biercraft x Main Street Brewing
- Hi-Five x Steel and Oak
- The Blarney Stone x Townsite Brewing
When: Sunday, June 26 from 1 to 5 p.m.
Where: The Portside Pub – 7 Alexander Street, Vancouver
Tickets: Available online Friday, May 27