FEATURED EVENTS IN VANCOUVER
Wed, November 25, 12:00pm
Starts at $1.00
Sun, November 29, 11:00am
Wed, December 2, 10:00am
ARTS & THEATRE, OUTDOOR
Fri, December 4, 10:00am
From corn mazes to food truck festivals, there’s no shortage of things to do this weekend. Here are 21 things to do in Vancouver on Saturday, August 27 and Sunday, August 28.
Saturday, August 27
- What: The Bose and Sons Family Farm has been in operation for over 100 years, but they first started doing corn mazes and pumpkin patches in 1999. The mazes feature turns and arches and trivia questions at posts throughout.
- Where: Bose and Sons Family Farms – 64th Avenue and 156th Street, Surrey
- When: Opening day is Saturday, August 27
- Cost: Adults are $7, kids are $5, families of four are $22.
- What: The free India Live! street festival will be bringing Indian culture, music, dance and food to Granville Street this Saturday. The festival, organized by the South Asian Family Association will be based around the intersection of Granville and Georgia from noon to 8 pm.
- Where: 700 Granville Street (at West Georgia Street), Vancouver
- When: Saturday, August 27, from noon to 8 pm
- Admission: Totally free, info on Facebook
- What: Original bands and artists will be performing free, outdoor concerts in Cates Park again this summer, so bring a picnic and spend your Saturday afternoons enjoying the immense local talent that Vancouver has to offer.
- Where: Cates Park – Deep Cove, North Vancouver
- When: Every Saturday from July 16 to August 27
- What: April Thompson is curating this exhibition of seven Canadian artists at Access Gallery, reflecting upon the notion of a “West Coast” photographic aesthetic and our expectations of photography.
- Where: Access Gallery – 222 East Georgia Street, Vancouver
- When: Everyday except Mondays and Sundays, through August 27, from noon to 5 pm
- What: Formerly a member of rap group Three Loco, Riff Raff has claimed his spot in the music industry since joining Diplo’s Mad Decent label. Gone are his early mix tape days, as Riff’s second studio album Peach Panther was released last summer.
- Where: Venue – 881 Granville Street
- When: Saturday, August 27 at 7 pm
- Tickets: Available online, $30
- What: The Ultimate Fighting Championship is back in Vancouver! So far the biggest fight on the card is Anthony Pettis, who makes his debut in the featherweight division, taking on Charles Oliveira. Definitely an intriguing matchup for avid MMA fans.
- Where: Rogers Arena – 800 Griffiths Way, Vancouver
- When: Saturday, August 27; 5 pm
- Tickets: On Ticketmaster, $52.50-$183.75
- What: Richmond gets its very own food truck festival this summer. The Eat Rich Food Truck Festival will bring with it a smorgasbord of delicious eats.
- Where: South Arm United Church, 11051 No.3 Road, Richmond
- When: Saturday, August 27 from 11 am to 7 pm
- Price: $2.50 admission or free admission with a non-perishable food item for the Richmond Food Bank (one item per person), free for kids under 10
- What: Cheer on those jockeys and their steeds at the horse racing track in Hastings – entry is always totally free. The race schedule runs through October.
- Where: Hastings Racecourse – 188 N Renfrew St, Vancouver
- When: Mostly Saturday and Sunday afternoons with 1:50 pm start times. In August, Friday night races start at 7 pm, while two Monday afternoon races start at 4 pm.
- More info: hastingsracecourse.com
- What: This year’s artist lineup offers something for fans of all genres, with big names including Hedley, The Sheepdogs, Simple Plan, Olivia Newton-John, The Monkees, and Chris Isaak.
- Where: PNE Amphitheatre – 2901 E Hastings Street, Vancouver
- When: Saturday, August 20 to Monday, September 5 (except on Monday, August 22 and Monday, August 29), at 8:30 pm
- Admission: Unreserved seating is free with PNE gate entry, reserved seating starts at $15, available at pne.ca
Sunday, August 28
- What: FraserFEST is back again, bringing with it the opportunity to pedal, paddle, and party – all in the effort of educating people about the Fraser River and showing them how to lower their impact on salmon and water.
- When: Sunday, August 28, 11 am to 4 pm
- Where: False Creek Fishermen’s Wharf
- Price: Free
- What: North Vancouver’s Deep Cove Daze festival returns to the city for another year on August 28. As usual, there will be children’s entertainment, local artisans, food trucks, and a beer garden with beer from Deep Cove Breweries.
- When: Sunday, August 28; noon to 8 pm
- Where: Panorama Park – Panorama Drive, North Vancouver
- What: Salsa dancing returns to Robson Square for the Summer 2016 season, offering free lessons, performances and social dancing. Swing by and check it out – it’s fun just to watch if you’re too scared to hit the dance floor!
- Where: Robson Square – 800 Robson Street, Vancouver
- When: Every Sunday through August; lessons at 3 pm, performances at 5 pm, social dancing all afternoon
- What: A free event for dogs and their people, including a bobbing for wieners competition and more.
- Where: Queens Park – 3rd Avenue, New Westminster
- When: Sunday, August 28; 11:30 am to 3:30 pm
- What: A charity event hosted by Trev Deeley Motorcycles in Vancouver. The group will ride from Vancouver to Squamish, where a wrap-up party with live music, food, an auction, and a 50/50 draw await participants. All proceeds go towards the BC Professional Fire Fighters Burn Fund.
- Where: Trev Deeley – 1875 Boundary Road, Vancouver
- When: Sunday, August 28; 11:30 am to 5 pm
- What: Come join the Vancouver Chapter of the Women in Leadership Foundation for yoga on the beach. Take in the beautiful Vancouver landscape while enjoying a meditative, introspective yoga session led by a Perfect Hearts Yoga instructor. Bring your yoga mat, water, and sunscreen and spend a joyous yoga session under the sun.
- Where: Jericho Beach, Vancouver
- When: Sunday, August 28; 10 to 11:30 am
- What: Every week, Streetfight Improv gets 10 improvisors who compete back and forth with short scenes vying for your laughter.
- Where: Havana Theatre – 1212 Commercial Drive, Vancouver
- When: Sunday, August 28; 7:30 pm
- What: Beginning at 6:30 p.m. on July 10 and continuing through Sept. 25, Chef Alex Chen and team will once again serve up a fresh-caught bounty of jumbo prawns, clams, mussels, crawfish and Dungeness crab with all the fixings for a series of classic, East Coast-inspired seafood boils served family style on communal tables.
- Where: Boulevard Kitchen & Oyster Bar – 845 Burrard Street, Vancouver
- When: Sunday, August 28; 6:30 to 10 pm
- What: On August 28, the Playhouse Vancouver is hosting a brunch where you must dress all in white. $40 will include a brunch and a mimosa, $100 gets you a bottle of Moet.
- Where: Playhouse Nightclub Vancouver – 1240 Thurlow Street, Vancouver
- When: Sunday, August 28; 2 to 11 pm
- What: Check out some cool cars and shop for your wedding all in one swoop. If you want to consign your old wedding dress, you can register your dress for just $20.
- Where: BeYOUtiful Bridal – 45-3347 262nd Street, Building D, Langley
- When: Sunday, August 28; 11 am to 4 pm
- What: This year, the 12 acre Chilliwack Corn Maze and Pumpkin Patch is celebrating Charlie Brown with a themed maze. Join them for the Ah-Mazing Race and rediscover how much fun it is to be a kid again.
- Where: Chilliwack Corn Maze and Pumpkin Patch – 41905 Yale Road, Chilliwack
- When: Sunday, August 28; 8 to 11 am