Nothing to do? We’ve got you covered. Here are five things to do in and around Vancouver today, August 12. For even more happenings, check out the Vancouver Events Calendar.
- What: It’s the one day a year adults can order the restaurant’s iconic Pirate Pak, a meal served in a cardboard boat for the 10 and under set since 1968, complete with fries, drink, ice cream, and loot…err, a gold foil-wrapped chocolate coin. $2 from each Pirate Pak purchased on Pirate Pak Day go to Zajac Ranch for Children
- Where: White Spot locations
- When: Wednesday, August 12
- What: Off The Eaten Track’s Gourmet Ice Cream Tour will grant attendees the opportunity to visit local ice creams shops and sample lots of delicious locally-made ice cream. From soft-serve to ice cream sandwiches, this tour highlights some of the best frozen treats in the city.
- Where: Meeting place is at Railtown Café – 397 Railway Street, Vancouver
- When: Every Wednesday of August (5,12,19,26); 5 to 6 p.m.
- What: Get behind the scenes at BC Place and tour the ginormous venue. Tours will guide visitors through the media lounge, the premium seat areas, team locker rooms and access onto the field for a rare view. Passes are $20.
- Where: BC Sports Hall of Fame, Gate A, of BC Place Stadium – Robson and Beatty Street, Vancouver
- When: Wednesday, August 12 and Tuesday, August 18; 1 p.m. and 3 p.m.
- What: This market features vendors lined up on the east side of Thornton Park on the sidewalk along Station Street, within ideal reach on foot for bus and SkyTrain users. Take note of new hours for 2015.
- Where: 1100 Station St., Vancouver
- When: Wednesdays, 2 to 6 p.m.; June 3 to October 7, 2015
- What: The Perseid Meteor Shower happens yearly, but Vancouverites will get a lovely, clear view of it this week thanks to a new moon and forecasted clear skies.
- Where: Porteau Cove – Squamish-Lilooet D, B.C.
- When: Wednesday, August 12; 10:30 p.m. onwards