FEATURED EVENTS IN YOUR CITY
ARTS & THEATRE, COMMUNITY
Thu, November 12, 9:00am
East Vancouver at various locations
Thu, October 22, 12:00pm
Starts at $5.00
ARTS & THEATRE, VIRTUAL
Wed, October 28, 12:00pm
Sun, November 1, 9:00am
Starts at $25.00
Whether you want to watch some great queer films or find the best chocolate and whiskey pairings, the world is your oyster. Here are five things to do in Vancouver on Thursday, August 11.
- What: Instagrammer Adam Hoens is renowned for his colourful, eye-catching portraits of hip-hop superstars like Kendrick Lamar, Tyler the Creator, and Mos Def – and now he’s presenting his very first solo exhibition, in Vancouver.
- Where: 397 Alexander Street, Vancouver
- When: Thursday, August 11, at 8 pm
- What: This showcase of the best LGBTQ+ films from Cannes, Sundance and local BC artists, along with directors, performing artists, and free workshops, plus parties and talk backs, begins on Thursday with the lush and poetic Summertime.
- Where: Various movie theatres across Vancouver; Summertime screens at Vancouver Playhouse – 600 Hamilton Street, Vancouver
- When: Thursday, August 11 to Sunday, August 21; Summertime screens on Thursday, August 11, at 7 pm
- Tickets: At queerfilmfestival.ca, individual movies $12 or $8 for students, six-pack $66 or $42 for students, super pass $165 or $135 for student.
- What: Not everything is about high cocoa percentage and single malt. Enjoy a great evening tasting the best of whisky and chocolate – both made from minimal ingredients and using a complex and artisanal process to boost aromas and flavours.
- Where: Xoxolat Chocolaterie – 1271 Homer St, Vancouver
- When: Thursday, August 11, from 6 to 7:30 pm
- Tickets: On Eventbrite, $55
- What: Vancouver-based band The Tanglers is back in another fundraiser for Kids Without Yachts, a project that enables young people with cancer to reach the full potential of our healthcare system. Adam Heard x Quarter Pounder will also be DJing.
- Where: Playhouse Nightclub Vancouver – 1240 Thurlow Street, Vancouver
- When: Thursday, August 11, DJs at 10 pm, show at 11 pm
- Tickets: On Eventbrite, $15
- What: A cozy lounge featuring actual waiters serving food from a menu, the Mix is another comedy lounge that feels “legit.” The venue hosts local and touring comedians, so check their lineup for your favourites if you’re planning a night out. Go early in the week for the best deal – tickets start at $8 on Tuesday and increase as the week goes on.
- Price: $8 to $20
- Times: Tuesday to Thursday at 8:30 pm, Friday and Saturday at 8 and 10:30 pm
- Address: 1015 Burrard Street