It was a rough weekend for many people in Metro Vancouver, with the wind knocking out power to hundreds of thousands of homes. Maybe you feel like you need an escape or maybe you still don’t have power; either way, today might be a good day to do something fun. Here are five things to do in Vancouver today, Monday, August 31.
For more events, check out our events calendar.
- What: Starting today and running until Friday, September 4, all Cineplex theatres across Canada will be offering a 50 per cent discount on all tickets for any movie – an extension of its weekly “Tuesday Everyday” price. This includes premium ticket experiences such as 3D, IMAX, UltraAVX, DBOX and VIP Cinemas.
- When: Monday, August 31; all day.
- Where: Various locations. Click here for a full list.
- What: This lecture will provide a glimpse into how to adapt your brand when you are faced with a changing demographic and is hosted by local clothing designer Nicole Bridger.
- When: Monday, August 31; 6 p.m.
- Where: Nicole Bridger Boutique – 14 Water Street, Vancouver
- What: Every Monday hosts Devin Alexander and Alex Sparling throw a stand-up comedy show featuring the best local comedians Vancouver has to offer and major touring headliners from around the world. $5 cover!
- When: Monday, August 31; 9 to 11:30 p.m.
- Where: Eight 1/2 Restaurant – 151 East 8th Avenue, Vancouver
- What: Hugh Wilson is a Toronto-based musician. Born and raised in Nova Scotia, he moved to Toronto on a whim in 2007 and ended up sticking around. Since then he has been a growing part of the Toronto music scene by playing in a variety of bands and plenty of live shows to boot.
- When: Monday, August 31; 8 p.m.
- Where: The Roxy – 932 Granville Street, Vancouver
- What: Inspired by artist Yayoi Kusama’s mirrored infinity room and the Social Soul experience at the 2014 TED Conference, the “Lightroom” is a unique and artistic installation comprised of a 60 second walk-through experience tied to social media.
- When: Monday, August 31; noon to 7 p.m.
- Where: Metropolis at Metrotown – 4700 Kingsway, Burnaby