Summer is cooling off and there are only a couple weeks until school begins. Here are 5 things to do in Vancouver today to help you make use of the time.
For more daily events, check out the Vancouver Events Calendar.
- What: Art thou bored on the eve of the 28? Go see some Shakespeare and enjoy some jazz at Love’s Labour’s Lost which is set in Chicago in the 1920s.
- Where: Bard on the Beach Shakespeare Festival – Vanier Park
- When: Friday, August 28; various times
- What: A three-hour salsa dancing cruise to Top 40 Latin hits? How romantic! This Friday is Brazilian night and includes three DJ’s and a buffet. Purchase tickets here.
- Where: 750 Pacific Blvd
- When: Friday, August 28; 7 p.m.
- What: Surround yourself with film buffs. This year the WFF will be honoring Shawn Williamson, a leading indeprendant film and television producer as well as Neal Clarance, the President of NG Clarance Inc.
- Where: Blue Water Cafe & Raw Bar—1095 Hamilton Street
- When: Friday, August 28; 7 to 11 p.m.
- What: Damonde Tschritter has been on CTV’s comedy now, Just for laughs and HBO’s USA vs. Canada stand-up weekend. And now he’ll be preforming his “absolutely unique act” at Yuk Yuk’s. Go have some laughs, drinks and enjoy the show.
- Where: Yuk Yuk’s Vancouver –2837 Cambie St
- When: Friday, August 28; 8 p.m.
- What: Beer gardens, 15 food trucks and over 150 vendors, what more could you ask for on a Friday night?
- Where: 15 Wallace Mews, North Vancouver at Shipyards Plaza
- When: Every Friday until September 25; 5 to 10 p.m.