It’s the end of another work week so go out and celebrate. Here are five things to do in Vancouver today, August 21.
For more fun things to do, visit the Vancouver Events Calendar.
- What: You’ll know Coin Mochrie from Whose Line is it Anyways? and This Hour Has 22 minutes. This Canadian comedian was once a player at the Vancouver TheatreSports League and will be returning today to perform.
- Where: The Improv Centre — 1502 Duranleau Street
- When: Friday, August 21; 7:30 p.m. as well as 10 p.m.
- What: Watch professional tennis players compete for $200,000 in cash at the Annual Vancouver Open. Watch Quarter Finals of Men’s & Women’s Singles and Semi Finals of Men’s & Women’s Doubles today.
- Where: Hollyburn Country Club – 950 Crosscreek Road, West Vancouver
- When: Friday, August 21; various times
- What: Free hot dogs, drinks at the BBQ potluck. Go spend your Friday night dancing in the moonlight to local bands and see why 10,000 people attended earlier this year.
- Where: Grandview Park –1657 Charles street
- When: Friday, August 21; 8 p.m.
- What: The sun is setting on summer so why not take advantage and board the West Coat Bass yacht party. Tickets start at $40.
- Where: 15 Wallace Mews, North Vancouver at Shipyards Plaza
- When: Friday, August 21 6:00 to 10:00 p.m.
- What: Summerfest hours are extended on Fridays so you get to watch artists paint, listen to local musicians and gorge yourself on delicious food trucks for much longer than the rest of the week.
- Where: Lonsdale Quay Market –123 Carrie Cates Court
- When: Friday, August 21; noon to 8 p.m.