Get ready to take on a fresh week by doing something interesting on Monday. Here’s five things to do in Vancouver today, August 17.
For more events, check out our Vancouver Events Calendar.
- What: Vancouver’s top bars and restaurants are excited to celebrate National Rum Week with Flor de Caña from August 16 to 22, with creative rum menus, rum specials and more.
- Where: Select locations.
- When: Sunday, August 16 to Saturday, August 22
- What: The Queer Film Festival illuminates Queer lives through film, telling stories of the journeys many have taken to find themselves, each other and the places in the world.
- Where: Various theatres.
- When: Thursday, August 13 to Sunday, August 23.
- What: Tea has specific symbolic qualities that relate to the view of Asian philosophical traditions. Tea Zen exhibition gives a glimpse of how this fascinating drink captures the human spirit and relates to Zen.
- Where: Classical Chinese Garden – 578 Carrall Street
- When: Monday, August 17; 9:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- What: From June 26 to September 6, residents of and visitors to Vancouver can take part in over 10 weeks of live music, dancing, dance lessons, yoga and other fun-filled community events at Lonsdale Quay Market.
- Where: Lonsdale Quay – 123 Carrie Cates Court, North Vancouver
- When: Monday, August 17.
- What: Free yoga classes held at Kits Beach.
- Where: Kits Beach, between the swimming pool and tennis courts – Cornwall Ave. and Yew St., Vancouver
- When: Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday night until August 31, 2015; 7 to 8 p.m.