FEATURED EVENTS IN VANCOUVER
June rolls on with a new week full of exciting events. Start your Monday with our list of seven things to do today, including Big Splash Waterpark grand opening, queer poetry, and more!
For more things happening around town, check out our events section.
- What: This two-hour evening of film will highlight the voice of young South Asians in cinema by showing some several short films. This includes a number of entries from the Global Bhangra Video competition and the world-premiere of Hidden World of Bhangra – a documentary produced by Delhi 2 Dublin and funded by TELUS.
- Where: Vancity Theatre – 1181 Seymour Street
- When: June 12 from 7 to 9 pm
- Cost: Online, $14
- What: Everyone has helped others or been helped by others. Sometimes you will be amazed by how much power these simple four words hold. Join Marpole Community Toastmasters Club to share your stories
- Where: 8680 Hudson Street, Vancouver
- When: June 12 from 7 to 9 pm
- Cost: Free
- What: This impressive metal band is back with a new album, UNDEN!ABLE, and its frontloaded with songs that crackle with a “palpable industrial aggro energy.” Here’s hoping their concert in Vancouver is the same.
- Where: Commodore Ballroom – 868 Granville St, Vancouver
- When: June 12 at 8 pm
- Tickets: Online, $29.50
- What: The 7-acre water slide park in Tsawwassen features body slides, tube slides and kids friendly slides. Big Splash will feature newly renovated pools and hot tubs, a new clubhouse, Vegas-style cabanas for private parties, and a Sports Bar and Grill. There will also be a daily complimentary shuttle service to and from Downtown Vancouver.
- Where: Big Splash Water Slide Park – 4775 Nulelum Way, Tsawwassen
- When: June 12 to 23 (Monday through Friday only) – 10 am to 2 pm. June 24 onwards (7 days a week) – 10:30 am to 7 pm.
- Register: Online, Day passes will be $28, with special group and Twilight rates available, and free admission for children aged three or under.
- What: A guided reminiscing session for adults by Port Coquitlam Heritage and Cultural Society. Share what Canada means to you.
- Where: PoCo Heritage Museum and Archives – 150-2248 McAllister Avenue, Port Coquitlam
- When: June 12 from 10:30 am to 11:30 pm
- What: A poetic extravaganza to celebrate the work, community, and art this series has created over the last four-and-a-half years. Featuring an incredible set of readers who are all Reverb alums, cake and other delights, a photobooth and community feedback station, and emotional speeches.
- Where: Roundhouse Community Arts & Recreation Centre – 181 Roundhouse Mews, Vancouver
- When: June 12 from 6:30 to 9:30 pm
- Tickets: $5 at the door, no one turned away for lack of funds
- What: Alex Nussbaum (winner of Best Comedy Show of the Year in Toronto’s NOW Magazine, Much Video on Trial, Just For Laughs Montreal) headlines Eight and a Half Inches of Comedy. Also featuring Jenny Toews, Luke Syrnick, Kelsey Hamilton and Kevin von Helvete.
- Where: eight 1/2 Restaurant Lounge – 151 East 8th Avenue, Vancouver
- When: June 12 at 9 pm