FEATURED ON THE LISTED GUIDE
OK, we know Wednesday is hump day but there is hope! Only two more days and you’ll be breezing into a long weekend.
Meanwhile, here are five things to do in Vancouver this Wednesday, from fantastic fireworks to virtual reality.
For more things happening around town, check out our events section.
- What: The second night of Vancouver’s pinnacle summer event, as Team Australia launches fireworks galore off a barge in English Bay.
- Where: English Bay, Vancouver
- When: Wednesday, July 27, from 10 to 10:25 pm
- More info: hondacelebrationoflight.com
- What: The Museum of Vancouver invites you to experience the Honda Celebration of Light fireworks like never before at its first ever Fireworks Suite. Tickets include access to all of our galleries and a stunning view of Australia’s fireworks display.
- Where: Museum of Vancouver – 1100 Chestnut Street, Vancouver
- When: Wednesday, July 27, from 5 to 11 pm
- Tickets: From Museum of Vancouver, $25 for adults, $18 for students and members
- What: People’s Choice Award Winner for Favorite Breakout Artist, Canadian singer and songwriter Shawn Mendes, will be performing in Vancouver, playing hits from his debut album Handwritten and his latest followup, Illuminate.
- Where: The Orpheum – 601 Smithe St, Vancouver
- When: Wednesday, July 27, at 7:30 pm
- Tickets: From Ticketmaster, $53
- What: Delve into the world of craft beer with foodie connoisseur Rick Mohabir and discuss how to save more of your paycheque with financial adviser Caitlin Tohill. Flight of six beers, chocolate pairings and dinner of burger, fries and beer included.
- Where: CRAFT Beer Market – 85 West 1st Ave, Vancouver
- When: Wednesday, July 27, from 6:30 to 9 pm
- Tickets: From Eventbrite, $25
- What: From cave paintings to virtual reality, this animated documentary embarks on a fascinating journey through the history of visual media and our relationship with the images we see. Director Sergio Toporek will hold a Q&A following the screening.
- Where: VIFF Vancity Theatre – 1181 Seymour Street, Vancouver
- When: Wednesday, July 27, from 7 to 10 pm
- Tickets: From Eventbrite, $16