Wednesday… hump day. But never fear, we’re here to get you over that hump and throw you headlong into the weekend.
So, here are five things to do in Vancouver this Wednesday, from choux and champagne to off leash comedy.
For more things happening around town, check out our events section.
- What: A cooking class all about choux pastry, combined with a cocktail party of champagne, appies and desserts tastings. Along the way, you’ll learn how to create cream puffs, profiteroles, eclairs and chouquette!
- Where: The Uncommon Cafe – 477 Powell Street, Vancouver
- When: Wednesday, July 20, from 6 to 9 pm
- Tickets: From Eventbrite, $60
- What: A simple yet sumptuous meal, a cheeky glass of wine and a chance to get to know other women in the local LBTQ community. It’s like a big family dinner, if your entire family were made up of lesbians.
- Where: Dr. Sun Yat-Sen Garden – 578 Carrall Street, Vancouver
- When: Wednesday, July 20, from 6:30 to 9:30 pm
- Tickets: From Eventbrite, $60, includes buffet, dessert and wine or beer
- What: The real-life, volcanic passion between screen legends Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton stoke the flames of director Mike Nichols’ debut feature. An icon of American cinema, the film burns up the screen with brilliant dramatic performances and a script seething with scathing (if not sadistic) wit.
- Where: The Rio Theatre – 1660 East Broadway, Vancouver
- When: Wednesday, July 20, doors 6 pm, movie 6:30 pm
- Tickets: From the Rio, $10 in advance, $12 on the door
- What: Tantalize your taste buds at several restaurants in the Fraserhood neighbourhood at this event presented by Vancouver Foodster. Restaurants include Straight Outta Brooklyn, Nammos Estiatorio and Chomp Vegan Eatery.
- Where: Meet at Main Street Honey Shoppe – 4125 Main Street, Vancouver
- When: Wednesday, July 20, from 6 to 10 pm
- Tickets: From Eventbrite, $55
- What: Imagination runs wild at Off Leash when the ensemble ‘goes where no improv actor has gone before’ to create daredevil performances of edgy, innovative comedy. Expect the unexpected with a lot of laughs. No two shows or formats are the same.
- Where: The Improv Centre – 1502 Duranleau Street, Vancouver
- When: Wednesday, July 20, at 9:15 pm
- Tickets: From Vancouver TheatreSports League, starting at $5