FEATURED ON THE LISTED GUIDE
Hello again, hump day. Here we are smack-dab in the middle of another week.
And while we inch ever-closer to Christmas here’s 5 things happening in the city today, to get you through the mid-week milestone, from a brass quintet to Cirque de Soleil.
For even more things happening around town, check out our events section.
Wednesday, December 14
- What: Cirque de Soleil’s new show is inspired by the movie, Avatar.
- Where: Pacific Coliseum- 100 Renfrew St, Vancouver
- When: Wednesday, December 14 to Sunday December 18, at
- Tickets: $49 available online
- What: Vancouver’s own Emily Chambers performs her debut EP, Magnolia with an eight-piece band.
- Where: Guilt & Co.- 1 Alexandra St, Vancouver
- When: Wednesday, December 14, at 7 pm
- Tickets: $1o in advance, or $12 at the door
- What: Local designer showcase fashion show, featuring Isabelle Dunlop’s latest creations. Local electronic bands Combine the Victorious, and Terrace perform as well.
- Where: The Fox Cabaret – 2321 Main St, Vancouver
- When: Wednesday, December 14, at 9 pm, doors open at 8 pm
- Tickets: At Red Cat Main St, Red Cat Hastings St, Zulu, and Highlife record stores.
- What: American stand-up comedian and storyteller Tig Notaro performs.
- Where: Chan Centre for the Perfroming Arts – 6265 Crescent Rd., UBC, Vancouver
- When: Wednesday, December 14, at 8:30 pm (doors open at 7:30 pm)
- Tickets: $35 (plus service charges and fees), available at livenation.com
- What: As part of the Musician the Morning series, a Touch of Brass Quintet brings traditional brass music and holiday Cher to your Friday morning.
- Where: Vancouver Academy of Music – 1270 Chestnut St, Vancouve
- When: December 14 to 16, at 10:30 am
- Tickets: $17-$38, available by calling. 604-873-4612