FEATURED EVENTS IN VANCOUVER
ARTS & THEATRE, COMMUNITY
Wed, February 3, 11:00pm
Bill Reid Gallery of Northwest Coast Art
Starts at $13.00
Thu, February 4, 12:00pm
Starts at $10.00
ARTS & THEATRE, VIRTUAL
Fri, February 5, 8:00am
Starts at $10.00
ARTS & THEATRE
Wed, February 10, 7:00pm
Word Vancouver online Zoom
It’s hump day. Celebrate by doing something fun. Here are five things to do in Vancouver on Wednesday, August 31.
- What: Join Kits Space’s yoga teachers for a free yoga class on the last day of the outdoor yoga season. The session will be followed by a community potluck picnic. Some food and drinks will be provided, but please bring your own too.
- Where: Kitsilano Beach – Vancouver
- When: Wednesday, August 31, yoga from 7 to 8 pm, picnic from 8 to 10 pm
- Register: On Eventbrite, totally free
- What: A live, improvised, smash hit epic comedy spectacular inspired by the world’s most popular role playing game – Dungeons and Dragons.
- Where: Rio Theatre – 1660 E. Broadway, Vancouver
- When: Wednesday, August 31, doors at 7 pm, show at 8 pm
- Tickets: From the Rio Theatre, $10 in advance, $12 on door
- What: Ferris Bueller’s Day Off is the final film of the Drive-In Movie Series, which fittingly finishes up on the 30th anniversary of the classic 1986 movie. So, come, see one of our favourite movies of all time – just don’t borrow your friend’s dad’s Ferrari!
- Where: Lansdowne Centre, West parking lot – 5300 No. 3 Road, Richmond
- When: Wednesday, August 31, at sunset
- Drive-In: Parking is on a first-come first-served basis, movie audio will be broadcast over FM radio
- Walk-In: Easiest to take the Canada Line to Lansdowne Station
- What: Situated on beautiful Granville Island, this is the most popular place for improv in Vancouver. Keep in mind that improv is, well, improvised – shows can be a little hit or miss, but they’re always good for some laughs. Choice shows include Throne and Games – A Chance of Snow, a Game of Thrones-inspired improv show; The Big Picture, a stew of “all your favourite movies in one hilarious mashup” and Firecracker!, an all-ladies performance of some of the best female improvisers in Canada.
- Price: $8 to $22
- Time: Varies
- Address: 1502 Duranleau Street, Granville Island
- What: Corsets, vintage prosthetic limbs, pinball machines – these are just a few of the wacky collections curated by Vancouverites on display at the Museum of Vancouver. All of the collections have an interactive component.
- Where: Museum of Vancouver – 1100 Chestnut Street, Vancouver
- When: On display from June 23, 2016 to January 8, 2017