Nothing to do? We’ve got you covered. Here are five things to do in Vancouver today, August 19.
For many more fun events happening in and around the city, check out our Vancouver Events Calendar.
- What: The evening will feature a smorgasbord of craft beers, ciders and mead from BC along with tasty samplings from Commercial Drive food purveyors. For only $24.99 plus a non-perishable donation to the Greater Vancouver Food Bank Society, you can taste samples of some of the best Beer, Spirits, Ciders and Meads that BC has to offer
- Where: Wise Hall – 1882 Adanac Street, Vancouver
- When: Wednesday, August 19; 7 p.m.
- What: Watch some of the best tennis players face off for the annual Vancouver Open, including No. 8 female in the world, Francesca Schiavone and former World No. 8 Janko Tipsarevic. The best will be competing for $200,000 in cash.
- Where: Hollyburn Country Club – 950 Crosscreek Road, West Vancouver
- When: Saturday, August 15 to Sunday, August 23; various times
- What: This event on August 19 is your chance to take care of the shores we call home. There’s no need to worry about bringing your own gloves, garbage bags, or bins – all supplies will be provided.
- Where: Kitsilano Beach – Vancouver
- When: Thursday, August 19; 6 to 8 p.m.
- What: Wesbrook Village is excited to present a FREE outdoor movie screening of the classic movie, Back to the Future! Bring a chair, blanket, family, and friend to enjoy this amazing outdoor movie experience at Wesbrook Village.
- Where: Wesbrook Village – 3378 Wesbrook Mall, UBC
- When: Thursday, August 19; 8:30 p.m.
- What: For 27 years, this festival has run in hopes to illuminate the transformative moments in the lives of queer people by showcasing queer films.
- Where: Various locations, Vancouver
- When: Thursday, August 13 to Sunday, August 23