FEATURED EVENTS IN VANCOUVER
Wed, January 20, 7:30pm
Fri, January 22, 6:00pm
ARTS & THEATRE, COMMUNITY
A Future for Memory: Art and Life After the Great East Japan Earthquake, February 11 to September 5, 2021
Thu, February 11, 10:00am
The Museum of Anthropology (MOA) at UBC
Starts at $13.00
Wed, February 17, 7:30pm
Starts at $140.00
At least it’s not Monday. From Space Jam, to getting into the PNE for free, there’s plenty to do around town – here are five things to do in Vancouver on Tuesday, August 30.
- What: You may think The Fair is overpriced and far too small for a metro region of 2.5 million, but it’s hard to say no when admission is free. Expect long lineups if the weather cooperates. Don’t say we didn’t warn you.
- Where: The Fair at the PNE – 2901 East Hastings Street, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, August 30, from 11 am to 1 pm
- What: This free BBQ aims to spread the word about PeaceGeeks, a non-profit that encourages developers to use their skills to advance human rights.
- Where: Third Beach – Seawall, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, August 30, from 6:30 to 8:30 pm
- Register: On Eventbrite, free, burgers are provided, just bring a drink to contribute.
- What: The Fictionals Comedy Co. present award-winning improv comedy with all brand new comedy creations.
- Where: Cafe Deux Soleils – 2096 Commercial Drive, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, August 30, doors 7:30 pm, show at 8 pm
- Tickets: At the door, $7 for adults, $5 for students
- What: One of the city’s most popular summertime events is coming to a close. Rescheduled because of a rain delay, The 1996 hit Space Jam will be screened under the stars in the park.
- Where: Ceperley Meadows (Second Beach), Stanley Park
- When: Tuesday, August 30 at dusk
- What: Skye Edwards, Morcheeba’s singer/composer and Ross Godfrey, guitarist/composer/producer are working on a new album for their Morcheeba fans. It will have the signature mix of influences from trip hop, blues and downtempo soul.
- Where: Fortune Sound Club – 147 E. Pender, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, August 30, doors 8 pm, show at 9 pm
- Tickets: From Live Nation, $30