Tuesday is upon us for another week and with that comes five fun activities to do in Metro Vancouver today, August 18.
For more things happening around town, visit our events calendar.
- What: Watch some of the best tennis players face off for the annual Vancouver Open, including No. 8 female in the world, Francesca Schiavone and former World No. 8 Janko Tipsarevic. The best will be competing for $200,000 in cash.
- Where: Hollyburn Country Club – 950 Crosscreek Road, West Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, August 18; various times. Click here for today’s schedule.
- What: One of the most popular summertime events in Vancouver is back! The Evo Summer Cinema Series at Stanley Park free outdoors movies returns every Tuesday from July 7 to August 25. Tonight’s movie is Jurassic Park.
- Where: Ceperley Meadows – Second Beach, Stanley Park, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, August 18; movie starts at dusk.
- What: Would you like to try out a free beginner yoga class? Stop by for tonight’s last yoga session as part of Summer Fun in the Park at Thompson Community Centre (outside in the park). No registration is required. Everyone is welcome!
- Where: Thompson Community Centre – 5151 Granville Street, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, August 18; 5:45 to 6:45 p.m.
- What: WTF do you do? is a speaker series to uncover the mystery of job titles. Each Tuesday at noon we will host a speaker to tell us about their job, career path leading to this job, and what their typical day looks like.
- Where: #410-1110 Hamilton Street, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, August 18; noon to 1 p.m.
- What: For only $5 you can catch comedians you’ve seen on HBO, Just For Laughs, on tour at comedy clubs across the country. The show features visiting acts from LA, New York, Toronto, and more, as well as the absolute best of the Vancouver scene.
- Where: Kings Head Pub – 1618 Yew Street, Vancouver
- When: Tuesday, August 18; 9 to 10:30 p.m.