Well, there’s no avoiding it – it’s hump day again. But don’t worry, you’re in the right place – there’s still tons going on in Vancouver to keep you busy.
So, here are 5 things to do in Vancouver today, from zero waste fashion to pop-up yoga.
For more things happening around town, check out our events section.
Zero Waste Fashion
- What: Zero Waste Club Vancouver is teaming up with Repair Matters for a hands-on workshop on mending and sewing machine maintenance. Bring an item of clothing for repair and and get some expert advice from Repair Matters volunteer seamstresses.
- Where: The Hub – 251 East 11th Avenue, Vancouver
- When: Wednesday, September 21, from 6:30 to 9:30 pm
- Register: On Eventbrite, by donation
Pick of the Fringe
- What: If you missed out on the Vancouver International Fringe Festival last week, this is your last chance to catch up! These final events will showcase select Fringe shows, chosen based on their popularity with audiences and critical acclaim.
- Where: Performance Works – 1218 Cartwright St, Vancouver
- When: From Wednesday, September 21, to Sunday, September 25, at 5 pm
- Tickets: At Vancouver Fringe, $25 inc. tax and fees. Tickets go on sale at midnight on September 18 and a portion of the proceeds go to support the Fringe.
- What: This free festival is Western Canada’s largest celebration of literacy and reading, and promotes books and authors with free exhibits, performances, and hands-on activities for a wide range of ages and interests.
- Where: Various locations around Vancouver
- When: Wednesday, September 21 to Sunday, September 25
- Schedule: wordvancouver.ca
People, Parks and Dogs
- What: Tell the Park Board what you really think about dogs in parks at this open house on the City’s strategy to reduce conflict between Vancouver’s dogs and humans. Open to all, whether you own a dog or not – and if you can’t go, take the online survey.
- Where: St. James Community Square, Great Hall – 3214 W 10th Avenue, Vancouver
- When: Wednesday, September 21, from 6 to 9 pm; drop in anytime
- Info: At vancouver.ca
- What: Expect to feel peaceful, grounded and prepared for the changing seasons, in both body and mind, at this outdoor yoga session in a secret Sea-To-Sky location. All abilities welcome. Bring a mat and an extra layer for warmth or bugs.
- Where: Whistler, North Vancouver, and Squamish. Exact locations to be announed the day of practice on Facebook and Instagram.
- When: Wednesday, September 21, from 7 to 9 pm
- Register: At Eventbrite, $10 or free when you bring a friend