FEATURED EVENTS IN VANCOUVER
Wednesday, Wednesday… why? We were doing so well, speeding straight through the week to the wonderful weekend. And then, we hit the hump.
Never fear, we’ve got your back. Here are 5 things to do in Vancouver today, from quirky British comedy to tasty Canadian cuisine.
For more things happening around town, check out our events section.
- What: Hailed as one of the most popular Fringe duos ever, these British maestros of theatre are back with In The Dark, a comedic adventure of discovery and creation, performed in darkness and lit exclusively by their illuminating costumes.
- Where: Waterfront Theatre – 1412 Cartwright Street, Vancouver
- When: Wednesdays to Sundays, from October 5 to October 16; shows at 8 pm, except on Sundays, when shows start at 2 pm instead.
- Tickets: On Tickets Tonight, $18-$27
- What: Canadian indie rock band Tokyo Police Club are on tour to promote their two-part self-released Melon Collie and the Infinite Radness, the first batch of new music from the group since they launched their 2014 LP Forcefield.
- Where: Commodore Ballroom – 868 Granville Street, Vancouver
- When: Wednesday, October 5, doors 8 pm, show 9 pm
- Tickets: At Live Nation, $26.50
- What: Being screened as part of the Vancouver International Film Festival, this extraordinary documentary follows a group of young children in Quebec’s Cree community of Waswanipi as they talk about their home, play, hunt, and dance.
- Where: The Cinematheque – 1131 Howe St, Vancouver
- When: Wednesday, October 5, at 6:15 pm
- Tickets: At VIFF, $15 full price, $13 for students
- What: The Vancouver Symphony Orchestra is paying tribute to legendary musician David Bowie, who passed away earlier this year. Tony Vincent will be on lead vocals, accompanied by a full rock band to play 18 of Bowie’s epic hits.
- Where: The Orpheum Theatre – 601 Smithe St, Vancouver
- When: Wednesday, October 5 at 8 pm
- Tickets: Available online, $25-$65
- What: As part of the EAT! Vancouver Food + Cooking Festival, chef Jack Chen of Vancouver’s Royal Dinette is teaming up with chef Matt Blondin of Toronto’s OMAW for an exciting evening celebrating fresh, local fall ingredients in one menu.
- Where: Royal Dinette – 905 Dunsmuir Street, Vancouver
- When: Wednesday, October 5 at 9 pm
- Tickets: Available online, $135