FEATURED EVENTS IN YOUR CITY
Wednesday’s here. Again. We saw that hump coming, but it still hit us straight in the face. We need some distraction as much as you.
So here are 5 things to do in Vancouver today, from Young The Giant to coffee cupping.
For more things happening around town, check out our events section.
- What: American rock band Young The Giant are currently touring their latest album Home of the Strange. With guests Ra Ra Riot.
- Where: Commodore Ballroom – 868 Granville St., Vancouver
- When: Wednesday, October 26, at 7 pm
- Tickets: On Ticketmaster, $29.50
- What: Learn about Vancouver by looking at it through an archeologist’s eyes, take a look at a spooky ailment called Aphantasia, and finally learn about “scientooning” and the lessons that can be applied to science communication.
- Where: Fox Cabaret – 2321 Main Street, Vancouver
- When: Wednesday, October 26, from 7 to 10 pm
- Tickets: On Eventbrite, $7-$15
- What: At this class, you’ll learn to make choux pastry, then use it to create cream puffs, profiteroles, chouquettes and eclairs! You’ll pipe your own pastries, fill and decorate them before taking them home. Snack and a glass of sparkling wine included.
- Where: The Uncommon Cafe – 477 Powell Street, Vancouver
- When: Wednesday, October 26, from 6 to 9 pm
- Tickets: On Eventbrite, $65
- What: Get ready for an intense interval training class, for ladies only! Tabata intervals are set up to perform each exercise for four minutes alternating 20 seconds of work with 10 seconds of rest. Expect to get your heart rate up and a great sweat on.
- Where: Public Myth Kitsilano – 2005 West 4th Avenue, Vancouver
- When: Wednesday, October 26, from 6:15 to 7:15 pm
- Register: On Eventbrite, totally free
- What: Join a life-long fine food fanatic, a career barista, a software developer and a “French girl from Brittany” and help them develop a better cup of Joe. You’ll enjoy two rounds of five coffees each and get a pound of coffee for your troubles.
- Where: Espressotec – 1015 Clark Drive, Vancouver
- When: Wednesday, October 26, from 6:30 to 8:30 pm
- Tickets: On Eventbrite, $18.30