FEATURED EVENTS IN VANCOUVER
Why, Wednesday, why? That hump is hitting hard. OK let’s knuckle down, we can make it through – there’s plenty going on in the city.
Here are 5 things to do in Vancouver today, from the final presidential debate to vegan donut tasting.
For more things happening around town, check out our events section.
- What: Americans and their Canadian friends are invited to watch live as Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton face off in the final presidential debate ahead of the upcoming US election. Organized by Democrats Abroad Vancouver.
- Where: Rogue Kitchen & Wetbar – 601 West Cordova Street, Vancouver
- When: Wednesday, October 19, from 5 to 8 pm
- Register: At Eventbrite, totally free
- What: The Aletown Beer Society will be tapping Driftwood Brewery’s rare, wet-hopped Sartori IPA – pints will be poured until it’s all gone. And when it’s gone, it’s gone – this beer will disappear quickly, not to return until next year’s hop harvest.
- Where: The New Oxford – 1144 Homer Street, Vancouver
- When: Wednesday, October 19 at 5 pm
- Info: On Facebook.
- What: This live storytelling series is back to present stories on that uncomfortable, fraught and oh-so-universal theme: coming of age. Sit back and listen, or shudder in recognition – and laugh out loud.
- Where: Revue Stage – 1601 Johnston St, Vancouver
- When: Wednesday, October 19 at 8:30 pm
- Tickets: At Theatrewire, $18-$20
- What: Part theatre show and part social intervention, Red Phone is an audience-to-audience performance that uses a phone call and a teleprompter to introduce two audience members, who are then guided through a conversation about life, and art.
- Where: The Fishbowl – 100-1398 Cartwright Street, Vancouver
- When: Wednesday, October 19, from 7 pm; more shows through October 23 at varying times.
- Tickets: On Eventbrite, $5
- What: Join Cartems Donuterie’s head chef and co-owner Rags for a unique four-course vegan donut tasting. There’ll be sweet and savoury donuts, as well as wine and port pairings! Jamieson Whiskey will be incorporated into each of the dishes.
- Where: Cartems Donuterie – 534 West Pender Street, Vancouver
- When: Wednesday, October 19, from 7:30 to 9 pm
- Tickets: At Eventbrite, $45