It’s the morning after the night before. So how was the US Election for you? Don’t worry, if you need a pick me up from all that politics, there’s plenty going on in Vancouver.
So here are 5 things to do in Vancouver this Wednesday, from the spectacular Struts to some crafty Hot Talks.
For more things happening around town, check out our events section.
- What: English glam rockers The Struts had all the buzz before they even released their first album, when they opened for the Rolling Stones. Known for their lavish stage presence and magnetic appeal, this will be one show fans don’t want to miss.
- Where: Imperial – 319 Main Street, Vancouver
- When: Wednesday, November 9 at 8 pm
- Tickets: On Ticketmaster, $25
- What: Society goes about its daily routine oblivious to the psychological, physiological, macroeconomic and technological forces at work. Are we sleepwalking? Can we wake up to what is happening and affect it? Do we even have a choice? This conference speaks about the hidden systems that affect our daily lives.
- Where: Unbounce – 401 West Georgia Street, Vancouver
- When: Wednesday, November 9, from 6:30 to 8:30 pm
- Tickets: $25-$35 on Eventbrite
- What: The Vancouver Firefighter Charities are putting on their third annual Umbrella Day Campaign in support of Snacks for Kids. The team at The Flying Pig in Gastown will be hosting an event and keeping the fundraising festivities going into the evening. At this event expect hors d’oeuvres, entertainment, refreshments, and the chance to meet Vancouver Firefighters.
- Where: The Flying Pig – 102 Water Street, Vancouver
- When: Wednesday, November 9, from 6 to 10 pm
- Tickets: $75, for purchase at Flying Pig locations across Vancouver and Wild Tales in Yaletown
- What: This photography series is based around women’s alter egos, and on Wednesday, organizers will be hosting an exhibition where 12 women reveal their most guarded selves, a self that until now has been buried and kept hidden, in secret.
- Where: 1755 W 3rd Avenue, Vancouver
- When: Wednesday, November 9, from 8 to 11 pm
- Register: On Eventbrite, totally free
- What: This is the third annual Hot Talks, in partnership with the Eastside Culture Crawl. Local artists, designers, and craftspeople will present their work and share the process behind what they do in short “Show & Tell” style talks.
- Where: Hot Art Wet City – 2206 Main Street, Vancouver
- When: Wednesday, November 9, from 6:30 to 9 pm
- Tickets: On Eventbrite, $5