7 things to do in Vancouver today: Wednesday, November 1
Oct 31 2017, 12:50 am
FEATURED ON THE LISTED GUIDE
Welcome to November, everyone!
Get your new month started with Hub Bike Shorts, The Lonesome West, and the rest of our seven great events happening today, November 1.
For more things happening around town, check out our events section.
Fifth Annual BC Business Summit 2017
- What: Business, academia, First Nations and government leaders from across BC and Canada, along with local, national and international presenters, come together to examine strategies to diversify the British Columbia and Canadian economies.
- When: Wednesday, November 1, 2017
- Time: 7:30 am to 2:45 pm
- Where: Fairmont Hotel Vancouver, BC Ballroom – 900 West Georgia Street. Vancouver
- Tickets: Online, $299 plus gst
The Lonesome West by Martin McDonagh
- What: Brothers Coleman and Valene can’t seem to co-exist without sudden outbreaks of violence over the pettiest concerns. When their doubt-ridden parish priest attempts to bring reconciliation, their confessions quickly turn from earnest offerings into weapons in a hilarious and dark race to the bottom.
- When: Now to November 11
- Time: Various times
- Where: Pacific Theatre – 1440 West 12th Avenue, Vancouver
- Tickets: Online, $15.75-$38.35
IT is a comedy horror show
- What: Inspired by the works of Stephen King and monster movies of the 80s and 90s, IT is a horror comedy show by Instant Theatre.
- When: November 1 and 2, 2017
- Time: 8 pm
- Where: Havana Restaurant – 1212 Commercial Drive, Vancouver
- Tickets: Online, $10
The Strange Case of Dr Jekyll & Mr Hyde
- What: An intimate version of Robert Louis Stevenson’s science fiction classic featuring two haunting chorus characters who speed along the action, play many supporting roles, and speak to Jekyll as the voices in his head, spurring him toward triumph and tragedy. Presented by Theater Crossing and Kits House.
- When: October 31 to November 19
- Where: Kits House – 2305 West 7th Avenue, Vancouver
- Tickets: Online, $15-$25
HUB Bike Shorts: An Evening of Films about Bikes
- What: HUB Cycling’s Bike Shorts Film Event and Fundraiser features local and international short films about cycling. Join us for a celebratory evening with prizes, beer, popcorn, a silent auction and an incredible community.
- When: November 1
- Time: 7 to 9:30 pm
- Where: Rio Theatre – 1660 East Broadway, Vancouver
- Tickets: Online, $10-$15
- What: UBC Slam at Benny’s Bagels is open to everyone. Perform your own poems on the open mic, or sign up for the slam. With featured poets Roya and Francis.
- When: Every second Wednesday until April 2018
- Time: 7 pm
- Where: Benny’s Bagels – 2503 West Broadway, Vancouver
Jesus Christ Superstar
- What: URP Productions presents the Andrew Lloyd Webber/Tim Rice rock opera. The energy and excitement of a rock concert will combine with the drama of Christ’s final days.
- When: Now to November 5, 2017
- Where: Centennial Theatre – 2300 Lonsdale Avenue, North Vancouver
- Tickets: Online, $28-$44