FEATURED EVENTS IN YOUR CITY
COMEDY, ARTS & THEATRE
Thu, October 1, 9:15pm
Starts at $15.00
Fri, October 9, 12:00pm
Timebomb Trading Inc
ARTS & THEATRE, FESTIVAL
Sat, October 24, 6:00pm
Starts at $400.00
Sun, October 4, 9:00am
Starts at $25.00
Hello, Hump Day! Celebrate being halfway to the weekend with our list of seven things to do today, from a wine festival to Techfest and more.
For more things happening around town, check out our events section.
- What: Top Drop kicks off with a keynote speaker event on night one, includes an evening of exclusive dinners on the second night at five terrific Vancouver restaurants, and the Main Event tasting on the third evening. Make sure to snag tickets, as the events are likely to sell out. Proceeds from Top Drop Vancouver go to the BC Hospitality Foundation.
- When: May 22 to 24
- Where: Various locations around Vancouver
- Cost: $25 to $160; Available for each event online via Top Drop site
- What: Choirs from various centres and pavilions in the Lower Mainland have been invited to participate in Glen Pine’s Meeting of the Melodies Spring Concert in celebration of Canada’s 150th Birthday. Enjoy listening to these groups present musical magic and then come together to sing in perfect harmony. Light refreshments included.
- Where: Glen Pine Pavillion – 1200 Glen Pine Court, Coquitlam
- When: May 24 from 1:30 to 3 pm
- Register: Online
- What: A gathering of everyday people, looking to find inspiration, tools, and resources to help process their day to day lives. Hosted by Kudoz.
- Where: Waves Coffee – #101 7315 Edmonds Street, Burnaby
- When: May 24 from 2 to 4 pm
- Cost: Free
- What: Performed in both English and Japanese (with English subtitles), NeOn (ね音) shows the depth of multiculturalism here in Vancouver. Framed around a secret within playwright Mayumi Yoshida’s late grandmother’s arranged marriage, NeOn is essentially all about love. The production is part of the rEvolver Festival, an yearly showcase of sophisticated new work by emerging artists.
- Where: The Cultch – 1985 Venables Street, Vancouver
- When: May 24 to May 28
- Tickets: Online, $20
- What: Job hunting in the BC tech sector? Head to Techfest, a massive recruitment event happening in Vancouver in May. Techfest, which will take place at the Vancouver Convention Centre on May 24, is orchestrated by Techvibes, a publication based out of Vancouver. The recruiting event attracts up to 1,000 attendees and more than 300 job opportunities from 15 hiring companies.
- Where: Vancouver Convention Centre – 1055 Canada Place, Vancouver
- When: May 24 from 6:30 to 11 pm
- More Info: Online, $20 for job seekers and $50 for a social ticket
- What: Celebrate World Orienteering Day with the Greater Vancouver Orienteering Club. Orienteering is a sport that requires navigational skills using a map and compass to navigate from point to point in diverse and usually unfamiliar terrain, and normally moving at speed. Participants are given a topographical map, usually a specially prepared orienteering map, which they use to find control points.
- Where: Queen Elizabeth Park – 4600 Cambie Street, Vancouver
- When: May 24 from 6:30 to 8 pm
- Registration: Online
- What: A workshop that focuses on food-related waste and other ways to get started with the zero waste lifestyle. Ticket includes beverage, cookies, and other snacks. All vegan, all zero waste.
- Where: Lupii Cafe – 7743 Champlain Crescent, Vancouver
- When: May 24 at 6:30 pm
- Tickets: Online, $10