Happy Hump Day! Pump up the good times with our list of seven things to do today, from comedy to a carnival and more.
For more things happening around town, check out our events section.
- What: The stories of more than 27 women, connected through a single pearl necklace, are portrayed by four talented actresses in this Mother’s Day weekend production.
- Where: Studio 1398 – 1398 Cartwright Street, Granville Island, Vancouver
- When: May 10 to May 14
- Tickets: Online, $15-$25
- What: Join executives from the Vancouver offices of Indigenous and Northern Affairs Canada, Labour Canada (ESDC), and the Canada Revenue Agency for a panel discussion on career progression advice. The panel will be discussing questions related to career advancement, resiliency, work-life balance, and more. There will also be a Q&A session.
- Where: UBC Robson Square – 800 Robson Street, Vancouver
- When: May 10 from 9:45 to 10:45 am
- Tickets: Online, Free
- What: Joe Goddard of Hot Chip plays his new album Electric Lines with guests. Hot Chip are an English indietronica band formed in London in 2000. They have released six studio albums and have been nominated for the Mercury Prize.
- Where: Fortune Sound Club – 147 East Pender Street, Vancouver
- When: May 10 at 8 pm
- Tickets: Online, $20-$25
- What: Dark, satirical, and painfully-true-to-office-l
ife, Ryan draws from 15-years experience at a Fortune 500 company. Topics will include writing unreadable emails, being an effective participant in ineffective meetings, and the true meaning of the word ‘business’.
- Where: The Heritage Grill – 447 Columbia St, New Westminster
- When: May 10 at 7:30 pm
- Tickets: Admission by donation
- What: Mealshare’s second annual Tonight for Tomorrow fundraiser. Over 15 restaurants have partnered with the non-profit charity, and agreed to donate one dollar to Mealshare for every dollar spent on food on this day to help them continue to do what they do to end youth hunger.
- Where: Participating restaurants around Vancouver. Full list here.
- When: May 10, some lunch, mostly dinner
- What: West Coast Amusements, the largest Canadian midway operation in Western Canada is coming to Surrey. Features exciting rides, tasty midway concessions, and fun for the whole family.
- When: May 10 to 14
- Where: Guildford Mall – 10355 152 Street, Surrey
- Cost: $35 for wristband, six rides for $16.99
- What: The Brontë sisters have stamped their legacies in enduring classics like Jane Eyre and Wuthering Heights. Just like their oft-flawed heroines, Ties of Blood reimagines dramatic lives for the Brontë siblings.
- Where: Havana Theatre – 1212 Commercial Drive, Vancouver
- When: May 10 to May 20
- Tickets: Online, $15