FEATURED EVENTS IN VANCOUVER
A Future for Memory: Art and Life After the Great East Japan Earthquake, February 11 to September 5, 2021
It’s Wednesday. Hump Day. The day you just wish it was the weekend already. Did it start raining yet? Probably.
But let’s stay positive! We’re here to help you through the week and there is still a ton of stuff going on in the city today.
So here are 5 things to do in Vancouver this Wednesday, from Van Django to Nerd Nite.
For more things happening around town, check out our events section.
- What: See this jazz swing ensemble, rooted in the gypsy jazz of the Hot Club of France, perform as part of UBC’s Wednesday Noon Hours series.
- Where: Barnett Hall, UBC Music Building – 6361 Memorial Road, Vancouver
- When: Wednesday, January 25, at noon
- Tickets: On the door, $5
- What: Proving you don’t need an elaborate stage or costumes to tell a story, this show from Montreal-based circus company Les 7 Doigts playfully combines high-flying aerobatics with live cooking demonstrations.
- Where: Vancouver Playhouse — 600 Hamilton Street, Vancouver
- When: Wednesday, January 25 to Friday, January 27 at 8 pm, then Saturday, January 28 at 2 pm and 8 pm, and Sunday, January 29 at 2 pm
- Tickets: At Tickets Tonight, $45-$60
- What: The increasing popularity of podcasts like Serial is driving an explosion in spoken word content. This panel discussion with some of Canada’s top audio storytellers will discuss what makes a good audio story great, and more.
- Where: InFocus Film School – 306 Abbott Street, Vancouver
- When: Wednesday, January 25, from 7 to 9 pm
- Tickets: On Eventbrite, $20, or $10 for students
- What: American hip hop recording artist, entrepreneur, and social activist, Talib Kweli has collaborated with the likes of Kanye West, Just Blaze, and Pharrell Williams, and he’ll be bringing his The Seven Tour in Vancouver this week.
- Where: Venue Nightclub – 881 Granville Street, Vancouver
- When: Wednesday, January 25, at 8 pm
- Tickets: Online, $35
- What: Nerd Nite is kicking off 2017 in style. Hear from Rhy McMillan on modern archaeology, Amy Shostak on theatrical improvisation, and Andrew MacDonald and Ellen Schelew on quantum matter!
- Where: Fox Cabaret – 2321 Main Street, Vancouver
- When: Wednesday, January 25, from 7 to 10 pm
- Tickets: On Eventbrite, $10-$15