It’s Wednesday. It’s Hump Day. It’s probably raining. But that’s OK! We’re here to help you make it over that hump and keep you dry.
So here are 5 things to do in Vancouver this Wednesday, from some serious sweating to rock, paper, scissors.
For more things happening around town, check out our events section.
- What: Maverick Flemish choreographer Jan Martens takes the most clichéd theme in dance – the relationship between a man and a woman – and distils it into an intensely physical, intimate duet depicting all-consuming love.
- Where: The Dance Centre – 677 Davie Street, Vancouver,
- When: From Wednesday, January 18 to Friday, January 20, at 8 pm
- Tickets: At Tickets Tonight, $36 for adults, $28 for students
- What: Incite is a free, bi-monthly reading series presented by the Vancouver Writers Fest and Vancouver Public Library. Did you resolve to read more poetry in 2017? Start the year off right with readings from four fine poets.
- Where: CBC Studio 700 – 700 Hamilton Street, Vancouver
- When: Wednesday, January 18, from 7:30 to 9 pm
- Tickets: Free, register online
- What: This class is a must if you’re looking to cook delicious heart warming home meal and save money! Learn how to make chicken stock, lentils and smoked ham soup, and chicken coq au vin, then enjoy the meal with some wine afterwards.
- Where: The Uncommon Cafe, 477 Powell Street, Vancouver
- When: Wednesday, January 18 from 6 to 9 pm
- Tickets: On Eventbrite, $65
- What: A stylish and darkly humorous buddy cop drama celebrating two of Vancouver’s unsung pioneers – the city’s first female police officers, sent to deal with a ‘female morality issue’ on the Downtown Eastside in 1912.
- Where: Firehall Arts Centre — 280 East Cordova Street, Vancouver
- When: From Wednesday, January 18 to Saturday, January 28, times vary according to date
- Tickets: At Firehall Arts Centre, $24
- What: Play Rock Paper Scissors and laugh your ass off at this weekly tournament at Portside Pub. Where else can you cut, cover and crush your way to cash, prizes and bragging rights!?!
- Where: The Portside Pub – 7 Alexander Street, Vancouver
- When: Every Wednesday at 9 pm
- Register: At the Portside, free to attend, $5 to play