FEATURED EVENTS IN VANCOUVER
A Future for Memory: Art and Life After the Great East Japan Earthquake, February 11 to September 5, 2021
It’s Wednesday. Hump Day. If you’re questioning whether it’s worth getting out of bed, be assured, there’s plenty to in Vancouver and life is good here.
So here are 5 things to do in Vancouver this Wednesday, from The Lemon Twigs to some fiery flamenco.
For more things happening around town, check out our events section.
- What: American rock and roll band The Lemon Twigs are touring their debut album, Do Hollywood, fusing tightly constructed pop, sophisticated orchestration, and British invasion melodies.
- Where: The Cobalt – 917 Main Street, Vancouver
- When: Wednesday, February 1, doors at 8 pm, show at 9 pm
- Tickets: On TicketWeb, $13
- What: Learn all the basics of making cold process (and vegetarian) soap with salt! You’ll go step by step through the process to safely mix oils and lye, to create long lasting bars of natural, handmade soap. Great for beginners.
- Where: Homestead Junction – 649 E Hastings St, Vancouver
- When: Wednesday, February 1, from 6:30 to 8:30 pm
- Tickets: Online, $35
- What: Hailing from the gritty industrial outpost of Hamilton, Ontario, the Arkells have notched up four Juno Awards and a gold record on their sweat-rusted belts, proving there’s still a place for passionate, no-bullshit rock ‘n’ soul in the mainstream.
- Where: Doug Mitchell Thunderbird Sports Centre – 6066 Thunderbird Blvd, Vancouver
- When: Wednesday, February 1, doors 7 pm, show at 8 pm
- Tickets: On Ticketmaster, $26-$50.50
- What: If you’re looking to laugh your way through the next two weeks, then here’s a festival for you. Watch improv teams from around the world compete for your giggles in knockout rounds based on suggestions from the audience.
- Where: The Improv Centre – 1502 Duranleau Street, Vancouver
- When: From Wednesday, February 1, to Tuesday, February 14, times vary
- Tickets: Online, $15 for adults, $10 for students
- What: Grab some tapas and enjoy some fiery flamenco, as Vancouver flamenco band Toque Flamenco take to the stage and bring you a little taste of Spain and a whole heap of passion.
- Where: Kino Tapas Bar – 3456 Cambie Street, Vancouver
- When: Every Wednesday at 9 pm