We all knew it would come. The hump has arrived. Wednesday is here. But we’re in awesome Vancouver, and there’s still a heap of stuff going on to distract us.
Here are five things to do in Vancouver this Wednesday, from Fitz & the Tantrums to the Pistol Shrimps.
For more things happening around town, check out our events section.
- What: This critically acclaimed indie pop and neo soul band hailing from LA are bringing their Get Right Back Summer Tour to Vancouver, promoting their new self-titled album. With special guests, Phases.
- Where: The Vogue Theatre – 918 Granville Street, Vancouver
- When: Wednesday, August 24, doors at 7 pm
- Tickets: On Ticketfly, $20-$45
- What: Tantalize your tastebuds at several West End restaurants, each serving up Tasting Plates and Cups for guests to enjoy. Including Marquis Wine Cellars, Grotto Italian, Styo Dessert, Tartine Bread and Pies, Verifood Pasta Cafe, and Milano Coffee.
- Where: Marquis Wine Cellars – 1034 Davie Street, Vancouver
- When: Wednesday, August 24, from 6 to 10 pm
- Tickets: On Eventbrite, $29-$55
- What: Multi-platinum selling music artists, Demi Lovato and Nick Jonas are bringing their unique brand of pop and rock to town with their Future Now tour, supported by opening act Mike Posner.
- Where: Rogers Arena – 800 Griffiths Way, Vancouver
- When: Wednesday, August 24, from 7 to 11 pm
- Tickets: On Ticketmaster, $29.95-$99.95
- What: Vancouver TheatreSports pokes fun at Vancouver’s notorious dating scene with their latest late-night show, OK Tinder – Swipe Right Comedy. Don’t have a date? No problem! Come anyway, you might meet your perfect match at the show.
- Where: The Improv Centre – 1502 Duranleau St, Vancouver
- When: Every Wednesday, starting August 3, from 9:15 to 10:15 pm
- Tickets: At Vancouver TheatreSports, half the usual price, at $5
- What: Part of a DOXA film series, this light-hearted doc packs a serious punch as it delves into the world of amateur women’s basketball, where women with jobs, kids, and careers are dropping everything to pick up a ball.
- Where: Robson Square – 800 Robson Street, Vancouver
- When: Wednesday, August 24, at 8:30 pm; pre-show demonstration with UBC Thunderbirds Women’s Basketball Team at 8 pm
- Admission: Totally free, bring a cushion or blanket to sit on.